Bagged 521 on 18's

airedout

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwight, I noticed that with yours all the way lifted that the center of the wheel is higher than the bottom of the cab. I looked at a pic of mine, and with mine all the way up, that the center is below the bottom of the cab. I wonder what's different?

Wouldn't the difference be due to differences in the upper bag mount placement and the extended length of the bags?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i had a little time at the end of the day to work on my truck. Im moving the clutch master cylinder up about an inch and 3/4 or so. It gives me much more room to the tire, and will ease my mind about the tire hitting the new inner fender and burning the paint off. heres some pics

Previous location, to close for comfort:

img0173dv2.jpg

Pattern for new hole, hole made:

img0172gc1.jpg

Ill post some pics of the new linkage tomarrow.

So your gonna have to shorten the resevoir there huh? no? yes?

No, there is no reason to shorten the reservoir. Its still under the stock hood by a few inches. Im much more worried about trying to keep the KA24e under the hood than the clutch resevoir. This swap will be coming in the next few weeks. I will keep yall updated!!!!!!!!!

I went and looked at the motor and heard it run today. 80,000 miles, runs sweet, and im picking up the complete swap for $300 (motor, trans, ecu, harness, mounts, drivshaft). The guy has a 500hp 2JZ supura motor going in his 240, just insane. Icehouse i might need some help coming up with a truck oil pan an pickup tube if you know where one might be, its hard to come by parts like that around here. Georgia sucks, all private yards and only one pull-a-part thats not even that great. Its going to be a very tight fit, but really my only concern is the exhaust manifold hitting the steering column. If it does im thinking ill only have to make a custom header, or maybe even just an aftermarket header would help me. I cant wait to get the motor, maybe ill turbo is eventually.

Well i got a bunch of stuff done over the last week, and a bunch of pics. Just not on this comupter. I finished the driver side wheel tub, fixed the rusty fender, and pulled the cab off the frame to fix the very rusted out body mounts, and the area right around the mount on the floor, Im almost done with that now.

Now i need to get ready to take it to its first show. Next weekend im going to trailer my truck down to Florida for the Spring Fling. Ive had a lot of interest in the mini truckin community and there are a bunch of my club meembers want to see it. Maybe ill get some show coverage in mini truckin......;) Im really going to try and get a bed back on it before then, but if i dont, oh well. Ill get some pics up soon, and ill let you know how the show went.

I hear you man, the rust repair is killing me to. I can't imagine what a rusty 521 looks like all stripped down, because my "clean" one is a piece (Not saying yours is rusty just saying some I've owned where bad! Glad I'm not fixing one of those up:D ) I have the same problem around the rear body mount on the passenger side :( Cant wait to see the pics. Also did you pic up the ka?

I hear you man, the rust repair is killing me to. I can't imagine what a rusty 521 looks like all stripped down, because my "clean" one is a piece (Not saying yours is rusty just saying some I've owned where bad! Glad I'm not fixing one of those up:D ) I have the same problem around the rear body mount on the passenger side :( Cant wait to see the pics. Also did you pic up the ka?

This truck is a very clean too! I hate rust.........

No, i think the KA might not even be out of the other car yet. Ill get some as soon as i get it!!!!!!!!!!

Well the show rocked, i had so much fun!!!!!!! Heres some more shots, ill get more up of the body mounts being replaced when i get some time to upload them. I think mini truckin and sport truck shot it for show coverage, im not to sure though. I know hotridesmag.com, dropjawmag.com, and gaugemagazine.com shot it for their show coverage too.

Body Shot

dsc00284xp6.jpg

4 Link

dsc00285pn3.jpg

Wheel Tubs and raised clutch master cylinder

dsc00287qb7.jpg

Mini Truckin' has been havin' a thing for the older datsun lately! The latest issue has coverage of the Japan shows and there's a couple of 521s in there....with a comment about "if you have a Datsun like this, they want to see it" ....something to that effect. They were a couple we've seen on the nwde thread "time to drool".

Looks awesome Dwight!!!! Makes me want to skip my nap time and go work! :)

Mini Truckin' has been havin' a thing for the older datsun lately! The latest issue has coverage of the Japan shows and there's a couple of 521s in there....with a comment about "if you have a Datsun like this, they want to see it" ....something to that effect. They were a couple we've seen on the nwde thread "time to drool".

Looks awesome Dwight!!!! Makes me want to skip my nap time and go work! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean Mike. With this weather being the way it has been lately, I've been a lot more interested in working on my truck. Stay posted, I've got a lot of new things coming in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully ka by Canby!

I'll check those sites out Dwight, it'd be nice to have a datsun in a mag that doesn't look like some high schooler did it. There's been a couple of nice ones, but also a lot of butchered ones (like that black 620).