610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you will not sell out.

Not fun to follow projects that end up sold out !

Do not think you will.

please take note of how long this build thread is for starters 

add to that the fact that i dont understand how people can build a car then sell it 

add to that the fact i built this car with my father who recently past 

add to that this car is my pride and joy 

i could continue but ill put it simply ill be burried in this car 

• Like 4

add to that the fact that i dont understand how people can build a car then sell it 

Then take note of how no one ever even posted in my build thread so as far as I know no one even gave a shit...  :rofl:

As for how I can keep selling them, I wish I knew...   <_<

I have kept my 1200 for over 6 years now and it is my real "keeper". That build thread has been going since 2008...   :P

i agree mike lol and mine is far from done so far i dont think it will ever be perfect and i dont want it to be i wont to drive it not be afraid to drive it i think the best it will get is a body shop will fix the tiny bit of rust it has prime it and seal the undercarrage then ill paint it with diluted rustolium or duplicolor that way i wont freak out when the paint gets hurt

add to that the fact i built this car with my father who recently past 

add to that this car is my pride and joy 

i could continue but ill put it simply ill be burried in this car

I am deeply sorry about your fathers passing.

I did not know about it, but yes I saw plenty of pics and writting about him next to you, giving advise and being best friend.

Rest assured I know you really like your car, together with your enthusiasm for this car and Datsuns , your father's spirit is alive in every and all corners of your 610.

You are the man Bonvo.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

took the dellorto apart to inspect it before i swapped it on and found it disgusting then i tried to remove the float and this happened

558A2E4D-orig_zps732a5308.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck 

JB weld that fucker with some reinforcement, its a low tension area, should hold up fine. I would fab up a small L that runs the full length and liberally jb it along with the regular piece. Could be tig'd too but JB is quick and cheap. 

40 is fine on a stock motor, if you did some support mods duals would give you a better gain then a larger single. One of the biggest bonuses of flow is eliminated when a single is used on multiple ports. 

took the dellorto apart to inspect it before i swapped it on and found it disgusting then i tried to remove the float and this happened

558A2E4D-orig_zps732a5308.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck 

JB weld that fucker with some reinforcement, its a low tension area, should hold up fine. I would fab up a small L that runs the full length and liberally jb it along with the regular piece. Could be tig'd too but JB is quick and cheap. 

40 is fine on a stock motor, if you did some support mods duals would give you a better gain then a larger single. One of the biggest bonuses of flow is eliminated when a single is used on multiple ports. 

The casting is still available new but is something like £52. I'd pin and braze it personally.

Also you could probably grind the broken side flat to match the break and then drill and pin in a new tower (made from scrap) with JB Steelstik to keep it together.

Is there enough clearance on the side for an L brace?

Those are all good ideas too. Brazing with Alumiweld rods (or similar) may be a pita on that part I thought looking at the condition. There is enough room for clearance with an L but it cant be a big lazy chunk. 

Another option is to just tape out a form and fill it with jb weld then drill it for the pin. I have done that with some small pieces over the years with good success, just need to make sure everything is roughed up real good and maybe drill/cast in an internal pin for rigidity. 

Just buying a new lid is by far the easiest but I figured bonvo was on a budget. 

• Like 1

Those are all good ideas too. Brazing with Alumiweld rods (or similar) may be a pita on that part I thought looking at the condition. There is enough room for clearance with an L but it cant be a big lazy chunk. 

Another option is to just tape out a form and fill it with jb weld then drill it for the pin. I have done that with some small pieces over the years with good success, just need to make sure everything is roughed up real good and maybe drill/use and internal pin for rigidity. 

Just buying a new lid is by far the easiest but I figured bonvo was on a budget. 

I like the idea of filling a form and using an internal pin, seems easy and strong. Only difference is I'd use the JB Steelstik instead of the regular JB weld. JB weld is gas resistant but not suggested for immersion, the JB Steelstik is good for immersion.

the carb parts are sitting in the chem dip i need some tuning advice with this carb its a single dellorto 40  the jets are as follows 

main jets: 150

main jet emultion tubes: 7772-11

idle jets: 70

pump jets: 40

those are the only jets i pulled out of it im not sure where the air correctors are and i dont know what choke sizes i have does this seem like a good ball park to start in? i found this in my search as a basic set up 

Jetting for standard 2000/1800/1600 Pinto on 40s

34mm Chokes

140 main jets

7772.10 emulsions

180 air correctors

40 pump jets

40/7850.1 idle jets,45/7850.1 for 1800/2000

7848.1 aux vents

but this is for duals maybe mine is a little richer cause its a single?

you know me to well always on a tight budget lol but even if i wasnt i have always been a fan of fixing what i have vs just buying new

• Like 1