610 street demon resurection

bonvo

@micro dude that comment had me in stitches XD 

as for the fenders no they arent for sale they are going to the body shop with the est of the car to get done right soon i should have this thing on a trailer and to my friend brians for some much needed welding and fab session 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike ive wanted hood pins forever the factory latch has failed me once and the hood is fucked anyway thats what will keep the body shop busy for a while besides this car is turning into hot rod a lot of changes are coming that a lot of people wont like

hood pins done ill post better pics tomorrow after i clean things up a little the pins i bought didnt come with the lanyards so i made some myself out of 3 feet of cable from ace hardware and some wiring eyelets cant tell the difference between these and the ones you buy and these cost me a whole dollar to make 

20150903_201910_zpsnkqs6jfl.jpg

20150903_201921_zpspsmfe5gl.jpg

spent some time today finishing up the hood pins with a little filing and tweeking then replaced all the u nuts that hold the front sheetmetal and grill on but not before making all of them flat due to not being able to find ones exactly like the factory ones which took a lot longer then i planned  on as they are a lot tougher then i was expecting them to be put the grill on for modivation

20150904_185158_zpslnl9ppvt.jpg

20150904_185205_zps5u6dmmil.jpg

20150904_185256_zpsbhfqiqus.jpg

also removed the trim around the windshield things are looking good under it i may remove this entirely from the front and the rear windows 

20150904_192001_HDR_zpscqtvewej.jpg

20150904_192015_HDR_zpsxlheosaq.jpg

20150904_192037_HDR_zpszbuolvqj.jpg

after looking at the state of the engine bay when i pull the motor and trans to do the engine swap i will be redoing a lot i will be stripping some of the bed lining back and stitch welding it then re bed line everything which means taking the whole front end off of the car after its painted but i planned to do this anyway 

lmao micro your funny not a 350 though it is a chevy power plant as most of you know i have wanted a vg30 for a while but this landed in my lap for a really good price and would cost me a lot more to get the same amount of power out of the vg its a 3.8 out of a late 70's malibu bored 30 over, port and polished heads with larger valves, a wild cam, edelbrock intake and a holy 600cfm topping it, and hei comes with headers and poly mounts and just about everything to make it ready to drop in not to mention MUCH easier to wire, plumb, and get parts for, its also surprisingly small and weighs about the same as a vg30 

11845901_1066436086714813_200891375_n_zp

11846310_1066435720048183_1636136366_n_z

• 3 weeks later...

Lol were good mike just be ready to shake your head in disapointment come next canby lol

Mike ive wanted hood pins forever the factory latch has failed me once and the hood is fucked anyway thats what will keep the body shop busy for a while besides this car is turning into hot rod a lot of changes are coming that a lot of people wont like

whys that?

Thats what tipped me off the new motor was probably Chevy. Well....at least that it wouldn't be Datsun or Nissan.

I think it'll be pretty cool. We all prefer Datsun or Nissan but....hey...sometimes you just do what feels right for the situation. Nothing wrong with being different.

This is so weird... just looked through the last couple pages, I have slot mags, I also hurculinered my floor; I have a SBC in my car! Seems like the only difference is mine is a 710 instead of a 610 lol

Looking forward to updates!

Build thread? Picture thread? Anything?  :P

Can't please everybody. And why bother trying. Can only worry about pleasing yourself.

It'll be cool. I can admit that even if I'd prefer something else. This way it'll appeal to Chevy people that probably wouldn't care for it otherwise. Not that that should be a goal either.

I like not having a Facebook account.