610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a 4 door sedan :)

Going Friday to see if I can transfer the title and if so the credit card will have a large rockauto purchase for all of the brake stuff. It has been sitting for (reportedly) 4 years, so everything has to be gone through.

+1 for getting it into project datto. I only found this because I have been looking for large threads to read at work and happened to be in the 610 section.

sedans are ugly as fuck, at least the 2 door ones. The slope for the back window is just god awful.  The four doors look better, theres more car before that slope...  (but the shitty part is its a four door lulz)

Don't believe they made a 610 2 door sedan? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: your talking about b210s XD

• 2 weeks later...

called americas tire today and found out that my front tires had worn out waaaaaaay to fast they had a 60 thousand mile warrentee and i only had 16 thousand on them so they warrenteed them out so the car has 4 brand new tires on it now

• Like 3

I have seen friends and old customers run through them really quick but I'm sure they arent all the same compound. Never owned a set myself.

The car itself being out of alignment can cause excessive tire wear too, with even wear and a perfect alignment. Cars that have been in accidents and what not at some point in their life will never be 100% true ever again. 

Ya I caught that. MY point was trying to save you from having to do the same shit again in a year. 

Everything on the car is perfect, going through a set of tires every 16k is totally normal 
Congrats on the free tires

Ah well falkens do wear quick, they are a soft compound 

I have one (my rear drive wheel) that has worn faster than the others. I will be going a different route for new tires...but, then again, I will be going a different route on rims this summer, too.

The way you drive is a big factor too. Same as gas mileage. There are many unconscious thing we do that increase tire wear....

Hard acceleration.

Constant braking when following too close and braking  hard at the last possible moment when stopping instead of slowing gradually.

Constant lane changing.

Traveling too fast for the road surface. Smooth=faster, rough/gravel=slower

Excessive speed

Under inflated tires.

Not slowing for turns

These are not necessarily unsafe practices but it adds to the tire wear. Short of canyon carving, when driving normally think of the road as being slightly frosty and avoid anything in excess like sudden braking, turns, acceleration and speeds. If you replace tires every 15K then think of it as an enjoyment tax. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

51 seems a bit high. What does the side wall say for recommended PSI? (High is better than too low)

My son was bitching about tire wear once long ago when he started driving. The outer edges were getting pretty smooth. It was the way he turned corners and the general fast pace he did everything in his car.

When I was a kid my mom was always telling me to 'pick up my feet' when I dragged them. I see now that it was so they didn't have to replace them as often.

Sidewall says max psi 51. I've talked to other people that run falkens. They recommend the same. Lower pressure and the outsides wear to fast. Tire shop put them at thirty pounds and there was way to much pudge tire looked half flat and drove not so great.