610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

adam yes i want the engine i will either build it on the bench or make it a table as much as i want a vg30 im starting to think that this car needs to stay l series and not just any l series but this specific engine

anyway took it to bend for a job interview i figured since the interview was at a tire place why not take the cool car took a few pics afterwards at a friends place see all the windows down this time

7786717F-orig_zps8017f844.jpg

0A71CB80-orig_zpscf4473c5.jpg 

yeah front seats are out of a aw11 mr2 i love them they sit nice and low and the drives seat adjusts a bunch of different ways comfortable and supportive 

up next is my su install not sure if ill do it though i might trade my su's for a single weber 45 on a cannon intake which setup do you guys think would be better? i wouldnt have to worry about syncing the weber but ive also heard that side draft webers are more like an on off swtch and after seeing all the tuning issues just joel is having with his su's up here im not sure which set up would be best

To me the only weber option on the L4's is a dual weber lol. Short of that I would take SU's all day, one of the best carbs ever created. 

• Like 1

SU's are the next best thing to fuel injection from what I hear. Big mega side draft webers/dellortos/mikunis are cool for the panty-droppin' factor at shows or balls to the wall driving at the track, but not as streetable as SUs.

• Like 1

SU's are the next best thing to fuel injection from what I hear. Big mega side draft webers/dellortos/mikunis are cool for the panty-droppin' factor at shows or balls to the wall driving at the track, but not as streetable as SUs.

this makes sense considering how su's work i just want better performance then the downdraft weber, remain streetable, and not have to tune it every 5 damn minutes

so no other opinions on intake setup?

There are options all day long, but two factors must be considered:

1) availability of parts (manifold, carbs, etc.)

2) how much you want to spend on fuel.

46mm SU carbs on a hogged out modified 38mm manifold, 38mm SU carbs on a 38mm manifold, dual 40/44 Mikunis, Webers, etc, 38/38 "Outlaw" on a Cannon Manifold, 32/36 Weber, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum...

I like my SUs. 38mm SUs on a 38mm manifold. RedNGold (formerly SublimeDatsun610's car) has 46mm carbs on a modified 38mm manifold. It was quick, but had to be dialed in to work (a lot of carb for a 4 cylinder). And there is a lot to be said about any of my other combinations. Do you want quick, fast, race, or performance, economy, availability? Pick two words and we can give some insight.

tonight i played with my su's figured out that there is a part of the linkage that is completly useless lol i also took the domes off and cleaned everything up there was some gummy old oil build up that wasnt allowing them to slide right now they slide like butter 

comming soon to a 610 near me 

1FE849B5-orig_zps19695ef7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

bonvo, awesome job. I have spent a ton of time over the past 2 nights reading the entire thread (it has been really slow at work...)

I almost cried when I saw the damaged to Shelly, then got happy, then almost teared up again when Shelly had her last hoorah on the trailer. Hope she helped keep more awesome rides on the road. I really like the color and the fact that you just got out there and did the work yourself. Still trying to motivate myself to get started on my B210.

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the next episode.

glad you like it man :) im considering haveing one of the mods move it to project datto so that more of the new guys can see it the old timer ratsuners have seen this build since the beginning but the new guys havnt as for going out and getting it done thats how shit gets done i plan to put the su's on soon now that im back from cali 

get out there and get to work on the b210 i personally would love to have a 2 door b210 sedan? i dont like the hatch back