610 street demon resurection

bonvo

Well don't forget, the bed liner is sticking to the primer, not the bed itself. How well does the primer hold to the bed? Not saying this is the case but could be like painting on grease. What does the bed liner maker suggest?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done rustoleum primer and enamel on my floors and it is holding up very well.  I don't really care about sound deadening though, so this may not be the best route to go if you want to quiet things down at all.

i dont care about sound deadening either the car is no longer a daily and is to basicly be my hot rod so so long as the floors stay solid i dont care i only wanted to go bed liner is so that its more of a durable finish and at a quick glance looked like carpet 

Well don't forget, the bed liner is sticking to the primer, not the bed itself. How well does the primer hold to the bed? Not saying this is the case but could be like painting on grease. What does the bed liner maker suggest?

Yeah I would think that bed liner would have to be applied to metal, not primer. I think the primer would eventually peel up, while the bedliner touching the metal would adhere better. It'd be best to double check. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in how this turns out. I'll be doing my floors sometime this year (and probly wheel wells). My windows are in desperate need of new seals. Currently I only have one tiny hole to fix (front passenger), but the driver rear collects a good bit of water from the window.

I was thinking of using POR15 or whatever. You mentioned that earlier. But I may go the route you are instead since I may just run with little to no carpet. All that's in there now is floor mats.

• 4 weeks later...

running again drove it to the gas station for some fuel shes coughing and sputtering under load im gonna check the ignition system tomorrow and be sure that isnt the issue before taking the weber off and apart 

• Like 3

checked the floors and its just a fresh layer of surface so no need to replace any metal 

20150213_163101_zps6vdzyqxz.jpg

stripped interior because race car it will stay very close to this ill probalby put the passenger seat back into it but thats it the rest stripped and spartan interior 

20150213_163555_zpswlduyowt.jpg

20150213_163605_zpsrqjjt25l.jpg

20150213_163049_zpsgknc870g.jpg

dat ass 

20150213_164054_zpsdvjzqnlo.jpg

also figured out why it was coughing and sputtering the choke was sticking closed XD

• Like 3

disasembled the front end to clean things up and what the 73 fenders look like they need a lot of work part of why im sending it to get real body work 

20150218_225817_zpscwedawyu.jpg

20150218_225825_zps3qbp9qiv.jpg

right one fit ok needs a little tweeking 

20150218_230722_zpsngho48wq.jpg

left one needs a lot of tweeking 

20150218_230741_zpsna7ax8av.jpg

mainly seen where it meets the front valance as seen here

20150218_230734_zpsqi4all7j.jpg

• Like 1

well i have worked out a deal to get the body work done kinda paranoid about letting anyone else touch the car but still excited the rust will be fixed and real paint so after some more work i will never have to worry about rust again

• Like 2

new parts new parts new parts!!!!!!!! because racecar

20150225_165539_HDR_zpseqybuwgt.jpg

im waiting on the hardware store to get the new buttonhead allen bolts and u bolts so i can bolt the front sheet metal back on 

also went threw my dellorto this may end up on the truck but since i started showing pics of it here ill show how i finally got the crud out of it 

20150221_030046_zps4qbid2sw.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

well after going rounds with ace hardware and getting no where i finally found a fastenal near me and im very happy now that i finally have hardware to get this crap done 

20150520_053323_HDR_zps2otmpsjo.jpg

20150520_054349_zps9g0ttzxw.jpg

and these for the duck bill 

20150520_054407_HDR_zpsixw5euxq.jpg[/url

my to do list before it goes to body and paint

floors

mount duck bill

]

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...