bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

datto down!!!! datto down!!!! car was having a hard time starting the past few days just did a compression test and found i have 55- 60 psi across the board :( little marvals mystery oil it jumps to 70 time for a rebuild....

Damn, I have an L20B you could have. I'm going to save it when I scrap the car. I drove it home from the mainland, probably about 80 miles all together and ran beautiful. No smoke, no overheat, some small exhaust noise so you could hear the cylinders firing even, automatic, so not abused much too. '77 710. Next Canby???

datto down!!!! datto down!!!! car was having a hard time starting the past few days just did a compression test and found i have 55- 60 psi across the board :( little marvals mystery oil it jumps to 70 time for a rebuild....

Ouch !!!

Is your compression tester gauge/hoses reliable/good ?

All valves adjusted/checked ?

( I say that as I buy cheapy's and they don't last long for me haha )

compression tester is known good valves are adjusted

mike if your serious look into how much shipping that bad boy would be the idea of next canby is nice but if i dont have a motor before then i wont be at the next canby its kindof a catch 22

I would cost about $150 just for ferry rides. Just pop the head and pan. Remove pistons and hone, cheap cast iron rings and head gasket. Probably under $100. Good for at least 20K or Canby whichever comes first.

lol yeah that kinda the plan now but im also in no hurry im poking around and seeing what comes my way before i pull the motor who knows maybe ill get a deal on the vg30 swap ive been wanting

• Like 1