610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

extremely soft-pressure wetsand with 1500+ wet dry paper. little bit of dishsoap in the water and resoak your paper often. it'll even out all the streaks and orange peel. it'll look tits, but take your time and don't press down as you move the paper!!!

Dont use your hand!!!

Your intent is not to remove paint, but to remove the high ridges.

I would use a block of hard(er) foam if you have any. Go lightly at first until you get the feel for it. Run your ringer across the spots you just hit to feel how smooth it is. You might need to wipe it away first as you might also just be feeling the removed paint in the "pores" of the paint, making it feel smoother than it is.

Did you do like a primer coat first? Not primer really, just a base coat to help the red look more even on every panel.

so far i have done 2 coats one light coat over the pre existing paint and 2 slightly heavier coats im gonna go over it one more time before i think about sanding would one of those sanding sponges work as long as i get it in at least 1500 grit?

You could use a sanding sponge if you find it in a very fine grit - just be careful when you're sanding an edge - they will sand through MUCH faster than a flat surface.

When you're sanding, be sure to wet sand (it keeps the dust down, and keeps the sanding sponge/block/paper from clogging with dust.) keep some water in a bucket to dip your sanding block into whenever the sanding gunk starts getting sticky. The water acts as a lubricant when sanding.

Also, use a rag to wipe the surface every so often to check on your progress - you'll be able to see the rough spots since they'll be shiny and unsanded, and the parts that have been sanded smooth will have a uniform, slightly dull look.

well today i bought more paint at ace and did another coat while we were out my dad said fuck it and bought one of these

B99C3D09-orig.jpg

because we had this at the house

F0023CA4-orig.jpg

so after we laid down one last coat of color we cleared it here are the results

2F5137A0-orig.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

not to shabby when you consider its rattle can and the clear is the first time i ever held a paint gun in my life tomorrow its supposed to be nice so its getting waxed and reassembled

• Like 1

It's supposed to reflect less light into the driver's eyes, like when the sunlight gets reflected off of shiny paint or chrome.

Does anyone know why the flat black hood came about?

Bonvo, the car looks way better! Those paint guns have a ton of adjustments that are tricky at first, but once you figure them out the results are so much better than a aerosol can.

Car looks fantastic Bonvo... cant wait to see this in person. I might have to question your choice of gloss black for the plastic parts though... Maybe its just the light. I would think about respraying them in satin or something. Im really impressed by the rattle/clear job though.

It's supposed to reflect less light into the driver's eyes, like when the sunlight gets reflected off of shiny paint or chrome.

anti glare

Yup this is one good thing born of car racing that made it to the street back in the muscle car era. My '70 Dart had it and the wiper arms were dull gray anodized metal too. Driving into the sunup or sunset is a bitch without it.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yup this is one good thing born of car racing that made it to the street back in the muscle car era. My '70 Dart had it and the wiper arms were dull gray anodized metal too. Driving into the sunup or sunset is a bitch without it.

:sneaky:

Only one good thing?

there were more Mike.. :w00t: :sneaky: