610 street demon resurection

bonvo

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Spoilers on cars that don't go fast enough to get any benefit from the down force?

Cross drilled rotors?

Headers?

Catch cans?

Speed

Thrills

Style

tire smoke(nothing ,well almost nothing finer smelling)

Need more? :rofl: :sneaky:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

little stuff done last night / today

gonna be rocking these when i park at canby

171DA2CC-orig.jpg

repainted my tail light surrounds and the datsun emblem

I have a pair of chester palmer datsun plate frames on the white car :thumbup:

rolled her outside to bake in the sun to bake the clear coat and re assemble some stuff so it can stay out side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUWR1fJsQE

How did we ever survive without you tube.? Ya know pictures are awesome but a walk around with the exhaust thumping is just a whole other level of fucking epic-ness ..

:thumbup:

izzo the back window is a glue in type i need to do some rust repair back there

thanks guys it sitting in the rain right now the water is just beading right off i need to wash and wax it

I'd give it a couple of weeks to 'harden' before sealing it with a wax covering. Won't hurt to wait. I bet the 610s are just like the 710 rear windows. Looks ok from the outside but when you reach under there with the trunk up it all just crumbles away in your hand. I had the shop weld new metal in there to support the bottom of the glass.

74710bodywork011Large.jpg

74710bodywork006Large.jpg

thats exactly what its doing mike thats why i cut the metal out of the yellow car before i sent her away there was no rust back there so i have all the patch panels just have to weld it in thats why this isnt the last paint job this car will get

as for letting the clear coat harden its already been 4 days the back of the can for the clear said 6 hours

The chrome trim sort of allows the water to dribble down near the trunk seal and from there it goes out to the sides and drains. The water easily gets under the chrome and sits there. Maybe there wasn't much factory paint sprayed there or something.

Probably ok, I was told by my painter to wait a few weeks, but this was regular spray paint.

I really don't think you should try to wax it yet. Give it a few weeks to cure. Waxing woun't make it any shinier without a cut and polish first anyway. Give it some time.

I am a year and a half since my repaint, and still no wax or polish... oops... I should get on that...

From the pictures, it looks very good, especially considering it is spray paint with a lacquer top. (Note for future reference, it is very wise to check if paints can mix and match, Like my paint (Acrylic Urethane) would react if painted over most spray paints.)

This spring when I brought the sedan out the roof and trunk were covered with pimples. No other way to describe them. Like acne bumps. I showed my painter and he figures he should have waited a few weeks before painting over the wrong color he put on. Remember he painted it purple? Well he sanded it down and re painted it but the paint underneath probably 'out gassed' and caused the bumps. He said no problem he'd be glad to make it right.

The pimples have gone down but you can see tiny 'scars' where they were. I don't think waxing would cause bubbles but it might retard the drying to finished hardness.

That color is fuckin perfect for that car. Even when you do repaint it I'd personally do the same color again.

This... It looks awesome with the blood red and black (though like I said, I will reserve judgement on the gloss black until Canby). I would keep the color combo if/when you decide to repaint it. The car is turning out awesome.