Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never going to understand the point of putting irs under a car that almost or does touch the ground, as it won't have any positive benefit and you don't like camber at the wheels...

Indy what do you use to move ruby around?

Two hands.  There is nothing left, 'cept an epic legacy.  

History could not have been more kind to this vehicle.  100 ways this car would have died quietly aside some highway or garage.  But she sacrificed her body to science, and the dissection was documented and publicized for all of us to learn from, dream from, and strive toward.  So we will never see Ruby at Canby, or any meetups.  I will remember her every time I see clear coat over a well developed patina.  I will remember her every time I see a driver put out a cigarette (or whatever) on the pavement with the door closed without even leaning over.  I will remember her when I see any Ratsun sticker.  This vehicle epitomizes the spirit of Ratsun for me, and for that Indy, and Phil, and any previous owner deserves some love.  As well, Icehouse for inspiring this experience.  To all I give thanks.  

• Like 3

I still call bullshit, the doors, fenders, hood, & trunk are neatly stored in the makeshift car port to the left of the garage. Why isn't all of it in the grass... nice try though. ;)

I'm gonna be the "Elvis is alive" guy and call bullshit! As long as there are people claiming they own a Ratsun, ruby could return. Indy is just trying to torture us. He pulled all of the bad engineering off and has been dailying her with a new tube frame. Those pictures are from the intermediate stages, and staged to make us think shes dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fWI8yDw99o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

yeah ... I don't think I'm qualified for making a "tube frame" custom car .... :lol: .... ... only took 50 pages to realize that ... :rofl:

still have a few ideas ..... . so on with the hacking

9073685056_ae639ee926_o.jpg

9051713941_8df7c49f70_o.jpg

9053953300_42367acc36_o.jpg

9071451971_8b42eca241_o.jpg

these

and the end....

It seemed like the easiest way to remove the whole IRS rear suspension and try it on the wagon: ... ... didn't even need to un-bolt the 2 lug nuts ... :lol:

9095207735_f58f34c35f_o.jpg

9095210921_f127b4c940_o.jpg

these also

REAR: 16x8 +12 Panasports 215/40/16 tires ....... . FRONT: 16x7 +0 . 195/40/16 tires .... no spacers, 510 struts, rubs on front fenders bad

5778474948_7bcc9008cf_b.jpg

5777933299_464bcdb900_b.jpg

these too

oh come on indy your killing me bring this car back you can do it 

5842226776_f732c5eaaa_o.jpg

DSCN32842.jpg

DSCN3280.jpg

DSCN3273.jpg

DSCN3271.jpg

DSCN3261.jpg

DSCN3255.jpg

DSCN3256.jpg

DSCN3247.jpg

DSCN3250.jpg

DSCN3251.jpg

DSCN3236.jpg

this car was so bad ass you can make it bad ass again

• Like 1

gotta agree with bonvo! find a 510 that's been rolled and cut the floor pans and everything else you need, and just weld he body onto that! that's what will happen with my 620 if it ever gets fucked to bad.... my truck will never die... NEITHER SHOULD RUBY!!!!!!

I think someone should go pick this up right now.

I know there are people here that can finish her.

People with the skills, Tools, place, money and time to bring her back to life.

People to finish what Indy started, To bring this frame laying bitch back from the grave.

Then update the progress in this thread regularly.

I blame Ratsun.net (including myself) if Ruby dies. We all cheered Indy on but when it

came to rescuing her, no one stepped up to the challenge.

It's like watching a gang rape and not reporting it then helping to stop it. Lol

Where are you located? How much for the car? Comes with wheels?

Nor-Cal ..... $500 for all the doors hood fenders, flares, glass, roof(+ whats left) ..... ... $1200 you can have the wheels in the latest pics

.... not really for sale though .... . I'd rather sell my other 2 cars first

That's the car that started Ratsun. Ruby wanted to be that car but never could....

Nobody would waste their time bringing this thing back. Its waay too far gone. You can find another shell to start with..

Yeah go find another $500 roof to fuck up people .. :rofl: .. . I made a poll for what I will start doing this summer or 5 years from now

so is it still in the same condition as the latest pics? if so ill trade you a pack of smokes with one butt left and a spare key to my house with a copper paper clip included  :rofl:

for real though if i had gas money and a trailer id sell my pos 2.2 cl and haul ass on over and pick er up