Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

The sport bike motor is a great option. The major obsticle is reverse. I know people have overcome this in a few different ways, but they were pretty expensive. I had an idea of setting up a high torque starter wired to a push button. The guys that are hammering all this out are on the Locostusa Lotus 7 forum. I haven't been on there in a while, so they may have solved the problem cost effectively by now. I still think the Spitfire front suspension is the way to go no matter what engine is used, since the coil over shocks sit inside the A-arms and do not rise much above the A-arms. You can pick up the suspension parts on ebay for nothing aswell. Performance Research Industries sells some really sweet coil over threaded body shocks for this set up that's tits, but they run about a grand for two. I hate the gotta pay to play bs. Only because I can't pay right now.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch..

jraymer profile

About Me  
Just like enjoying everyone else's Dats until I get my own.

Ok, to be fair - what sort of datsuns interest you?

And, without vague general statements about this thread (easily misinterpretted), what interests you about Ruby?

jraymer profile

About Me  
Just like enjoying everyone else's Dats until I get my own.

Ok, to be fair - what sort of datsuns interest you?

And, without vague general statements about this thread (easily misinterpretted), what interests you about Ruby?

I dont know why you feel it necessary to call this guy out... there are plenty of us that agree with his statement. Im one of them. 

There was a lot of work going on in this thread and then there came a point when you realize nothing is going to happen with it. There are just like the last 15 pages are all people telling Indy what to do and hes replied like twice. I really doubt anything will ever happen with this car. It needs to stop being bumped because no work is planned on it. Its done. 

Indy has moved onto his wagon. Watch that thread if you want progress. Let this thread die. Then if he ever decides he wants to do work (and I hope he does) he can bring it back to life. Ruby is a staple of Ratsun history, but unfortunately its not going to be finished any time soon. You havent been a member much longer than him, so stop calling out people you barely have more posts than and realize that this thread that far surpasses your time here is over for now. 

• Like 2
Does Indy still look at this thread or just everybody else :yawn:

Time to raffle it so we can give someone else a hard time

Well Indy just liked my above post so he still comes in here... I just think he comes in to see all the havoc hes created since hes dropped this project. He just lurks his own threads. 

• 2 months later...