Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

I believe Indy talked about mid engine at one time. This would solve engine height issues.

Actually Indy is closer to is dream than he realizes.

alfa-romeo-164-procar-prototyp-ampnetpho

800px-Alfa_Romeo_164_procar_zpsb53d6573.

i suggested a mid motor about 6 pages ago  and didn't we all suggest motors then too ... the point being nothing has happened since then(well except for some more useable parts ere removed...)...so like someone said in the very rare 510 thread...... why not just stop posting and bumping this  thread to the top ...its funny how everyone bashes anyone and everyone who cuts up a 510 yet for some :confused:  reason this gets praised ... ... yet this.......lets just call it what it is another saveable 510 gone...fer goshes sake the trunk has been cut off... :angel: :angel: :angel: :confused: :confused: :confused: :crying:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REAR: 16x8 +12 Panasports 215/40/16 tires ....... . FRONT: 16x7 +0 . 195/40/16 tires .... no spacers, 510 struts, rubs on front fenders bad

5778474948_7bcc9008cf_b.jpg

5777933299_464bcdb900_b.jpg

1999 and 1994 Miata's are over 4" wider than a 510,, and the front suspension towers are above the tops of the front tires ... I want a stock 510 hood ... I already gave up on any motor fitting under there, I might as well let the tires hit the hood .. :rofl:

I was looking at some dwarf car / sprint legend car IFS kits and lightweight hubs/brakes with 4x114 bolt patterns ... because moped/golf cart motor

But everything and anything I do from here will be expensive .... . so for now, I'm happy that it finally looks how I wanted it to look 8 years ago:

8534572149_62af3e3646_o.jpg

What about a honda gold wing engine and trans? It's a boxer type engine, it's 1600+ ccs, they are plentiful and cheap because they have been around for yeaaaaars.... Plus they are a drive shaft design, so you could make a custom drive shaft and keep things simple and have the mot.or up front where it belongs. It's also water cooled, so you could reinstall a heater if you want. I bet it will fit under the hood too

i suggested a mid motor about 6 pages ago  and didn't we all suggest motors then too ... the point being nothing has happened since then(well except for some more useable parts ere removed...)...so like someone said in the very rare 510 thread...... why not just stop posting and bumping this  thread to the top ...its funny how everyone bashes anyone and everyone who cuts up a 510 yet for some :confused:  reason this gets praised ... ... yet this.......lets just call it what it is another saveable 510 gone...fer goshes sake the trunk has been cut off... :angel: :angel: :angel: :confused: :confused: :confused: :crying:

you never saw it in person i did lets just say with the rust it had all that cutting would of had to of happened anyway thats why this is praised he took a car that was already heavily rusted and went to town 

though i do like the mid engine idea with it being a 4 door you can easily get in and access the engine to work on it its been done to a 2 door integra i dont see why it cant be done with this

DUDE! 4BT THE BITCH!

Naw just kiddin, if you want a cruiser, and want a 2.0L, Run a U20 out of a roadster. that is alot lower than an L series and still keep it Datsun. that is a solve to the motor issue. or even an A-Series, or an R16. toss side drafts on it and your set.

• Like 1
dry sump an L16..... Lean it over like 20 degrees and use whatever transmission orients correctly to it.

No only that, but as long as you have a good enough skid plate you could have the engine 1/2 inch off the ground. You don't have to settle for a non-datsun engine, just open your mind to other solutions.

Also by bringing the firewall back 4 inches more you could gain the clearance needed without crazy modifications to the engine.

Yeah,, I tried that like 100 pages ago .... ... why does everyone think a "car" motor would fit under the hood???? .... it's impossible

7068275569_e209b1a14a_o.jpg

6922194542_982e9eab3a_o.jpg

7068275987_28dfd09e35_o.jpg

and seeing as this thread is now just hypothetical banter about motr/suspenion/chassis swaps that would all be sticking through the hood/fenders

.... might as well get back to where I left off updating pics .... and the reason I gave up on any Nissan motor

8079224359_26deb79fba_c.jpg

8079218858_e0c2746dd7_c.jpg

The CA18DE non turbo would be great if I had a safe chassis/suspension/welding ..... . or wanted a 510 that high off the ground

• Like 1

lol i remember that dry sump idea.... that motor was entoomed   in  the front yard grass if i remember correct....that was one of my favorite parts....the first pic i posted is one of the reasons i found ratsun......16's on a super dumped 510 g00lge search netted that photo and i came here to read more....

i like the 521 frame idea but like black deaths truck .... irs rear end....i like the last pic too......i can sympathize with rust issues .....i seen em and dealt with them.....

That craigs ad is bullshit btw lol

Look at the strut towers.. 

3nb3I83Fd5K25H25M3d3855aa4b8e491d1a44.jp

Not only that, lookie what I found

dsc02150a7pj.jpgs

Indy:

13B?

They are tiny motors, would produce great power for that 1500lb(?) car. 

I'd address the welds and the floor/ rear suspension geometry first. 

Indy:

13B?

They are tiny motors, would produce great power for that 1500lb(?) car. 

I'd address the welds and the floor/ rear suspension geometry first. 

i mentioned rotary earlier on as well 

i mentioned rotary earlier on as well 

I saw that, its a great option. 

Plus, whats the fuss on not running a hood if you could use a dry sump L? The trade off is well worth it, I mean it is Ratty Rusty Ruby right?