can you maintain control over the parts you're removing?

Of course, they are just parts once they are removed off the gun and not features. It is once you attach them to the rifle that they help comprise the "Assault Weapon" 

So if I should move out of state or if these stupid laws get reversed, I could re-attach them. Or I could also sell them out of state. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leupold Scope Survives 11 Years in Idaho Wilderness

Leupold-660x490-660x490.jpg

Leupold has published images of a Weatherby Mark V rifle found in Idaho wilderness after 11 years of being lost. The rifle is equipped with a Leupold scope and the company claims that it is still fog-free and fully functional. The man who found this rifle brought it to a local sporting goods store, where the store owner identified it as his rifle which he lost 11 years ago during a hunting trip.

As you can see the wooden and steel parts show what time and weather can do. However, the scope looks almost as good as if it was newly installed on the rifle. The most interesting part of this story is that the scope remained sealed. Other than that, it could be expected that there would be no corrosion signs on the scope. Wood and steel are materials sensitive to moisture. So sooner or later the finish will be gone and they will start corroding. However, the major parts of the scope are made of aluminum and glass or polymer materials, which are pretty much resistant to moisture. Even rifle scopes dug out from WW2 battlefields usually have intact glasses despite the broken seal.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/06/14/leupold-scope-survives-11-years-idaho-wilderness/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-06-17&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

IMG_20170617_111023_zpsrorrleft.jpg

I shall call him....minime......

I used to have... ok, my dad used to have a Llama .22lr mini 1911 when I was a kid.  I. Loved. That. Gun.  When he died, mom disposed of all the guns (except for a sporterized 7mm Mauser rifle and Browning Auto5 shotgun which my sister rescued somehow).  I was in college... ok, had dropped out of college for a while, at that time and wasn't into guns.  I've been on the lookout for another one at every gun show ever since I got back into shoosting.

• Like 1

Also, while I have a stainless 1911 (with purple Hogue grips, of course), that blued one is giving me bad thoughts.  I might see if I can bring one home from this weekend's gun show... of course as soon as I buy a superfluous 1911 I'll find that .22 Llama 1911 and/or Webley Fosbery automatic revolver for which I have been searching!

• 4 months later...

Just found this thread. Some of mine. My first DIY AR, custom built 10/22, NEF .17HMR, Henry “Big Boy” .45 long colt, 1944 91/30 Mosin (ex-sniper, Izzy).

XJAzaaP.jpg

Tikka T3 in .204 Ruger. Absolute tack driver.

9Br0jW2.jpg

Really like that thumb hole stock! Put one on my M1 Carbine.  Flaunted all the rules.  Full length bedded the barrel.  Floated the action!  Adjusted the rear stock bolt to put tension on the action.  Hits a milk jug target at 100 yards.This is my Jack Rabbit gun.  Some times you just have to say F it and go with your imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seriously eyeballing one of those Mossberg Shockwaves. I went and handled one at the local gun store. 

They look like way too much fun, tell me why I'm an idiot and shouldn't buy one.

kKGGDqC.jpg?1

Also, what the family did last weekend, wife finally got to shoot her new pistol too (SW9VE). 

TD7wG0E.jpg

DMIRuYH.jpg

af3IKFY.jpg

Wife's new pistol.

3KfDRYD.jpg

Also brought a junk AR build I put together out of spare parts with my boys, need to do some troubleshooting still though due to a FTF issue, have a good idea what the issue is though so no worries.  

o3aEjCi.jpg

• Like 3

You are an idiot buy it anyway

T9MAMn7.jpg

Sounds about right.

Saw it on sale online for $299, I figure they'll come down in price in a few months. No real reason aside from demand they are $400 most places. I figure copies should start appearing soon (aside from the Remington one).