But we have made significant changes to the manner in which the internal combustion engine operates. Look at the increased horsepower, fuel economy, reliability, user interface, aerodynamics, braking systems, suspension, traction control, and a long list of changes made to automobiles since 1890.

You can literally interchange some parts on modern 1911's with guns from WWI. Nothing else is 100 years of backwards compatible.

Also:

“There is no need or reason why a person would need to purchase more than one gun a month,” the bill’s sponsor, Sen. Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), said during the floor debate.

According to gun control advocates, the concern is people who purchase multiple guns in a 30-day period are buying the firearms to sell on the black market via straw purchases."

http://www.americanweaponscomponents.com/uncategorized/california-passing-another-round/

This is when Non Gun types try to think about shit they know nothing about. 

I know guys that bought half of that in one week! And are still buying! 

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re comments on the 1911 Pistol.  When WW2 broke out, all the M1911 and 1911A1 pistols in inventory were very soon issued and No Longer Available for issue. So a simplistic solution was arrived at..  The US Government bought the design and production rights from Colt and solicited many firearms sources to build to print.  Fiasco!!!!!  Pistols built to print would not assemble correctly!  It seems that everyone overlooked the difference between a mechanic and a gunsmith!  A gunsmith goes through an initiation period where he or she is indoctrinated into the "art and sciencel of an apprentice" and shown just how to hand fit stock parts into a fully functional serviceable unit.  So!  The US Government paid Colt to have fully skilled craftspersons assemble functioning pistols from each subcontractor, Skeletinize the functioning builds to show the critical hand fit interfaces and go to the subcontractor and teach the assemblers just how to really assemble parts built to spec!  30 years in production and incapable of assembly when built to spec!  These skeletonized demo pistols are now the most highly valued 1911 pistols on the collectors market [which is a warning to collectors, How do you authenticate a wartime instructional device]?

I don't think I've seen a .303 in ten tears. Which is too bad because that's a clever sporting caliber. You used to see .30-06 Springfield all over when I was a kid, a lot of it was still government surplus from the Second World War, although I don't know how keen I'd be on firing it now.

Interesting terminology you use. I have my Dad's "Sporterized" 303 in the safe. I have no issues with running surplus ammo thru it. And to those who have not fired one of these things, after you do, you have a whole new respect for those guys who had to fire one ALL DAY LONG.BTW-do ya know what happens to a duck when it is hit squarely with a .303 round?:0

• Like 1

Interesting terminology you use. I have my Dad's "Sporterized" 303 in the safe. I have no issues with running surplus ammo thru it. And to those who have not fired one of these things, after you do, you have a whole new respect for those guys who had to fire one ALL DAY LONG.BTW-do ya know what happens to a duck when it is hit squarely with a .303 round?:0

Not only repetition of firing, but just literally carrying a .303 with enough ammunition to be combat effective.... hold 200 rounds of 5.56 in one hand and 200 rounds of .303 in the other... then dump them in a pouch, grab that .303 and go for a little walk across the lovely fields of France... for... I dunno... 9 months. Report back your findings.

Spoiler alert... you'll be in much better shape. I'm going to patten this as the Patton Diet.

My son got one from his uncle Tim for his 13th birthday.  ^_^

Stainless with a very cool full length multicolor stock...

R4626a__06245.jpg

That is something I've never seen before. I wouldn't modify that, I think it looks great just like that.

• Like 2

That is something I've never seen before. I wouldn't modify that, I think it looks great just like that.

As do I.

Just shoot it and clean it, that's all.   ^_^

And they are cheap enough that if we got the bug to modify it, I'd just as soon buy another basic one and customize it...

That's what I did with the takedown that's pictured. It was under $300 for the rifle and Magpul sent me the stock, so I'm not out a lot.

I bought three 25 rd mags, a Vortex 2-7x scope, rings, and like 900 rds off brownells for under $300. So I'm about $600 in and in probably two weeks I'll have it all setup ready to go

My son got one from his uncle Tim for his 13th birthday.  ^_^

Stainless with a very cool full length multicolor stock...

R4626a__06245.jpg

Yeah, I'd never seen a Mannlicher Style stock on a 10/22 when I found that at a gun show.  I paid about $100.00 more than it was worth (a fact I found out later, BTW), kept it for a while, and then passed it along to John's kid when I built a 90/22.  If I remember correctly, the only mods I did to this gun were an automatic bolt-hold-open, and maybe an extended mag release... in other words, "the usual suspects."

• Like 1

Youngest son with his 6th birthday present. Ruger 10/22, I picked up a 25rnd magazine also. He was very happy.

011ec30b-8445-4ca9-ab78-d8fcf484c3cb_zps

We went out shooting today to a new place I haven't been to before, right off the main road and a little bit busy, but the kids were too excited so we went.

Everybody had a good time, pics are of my wife and the new gun.

IMG_0139_zpskcwgclis.jpg

• Like 2

Not if you're a bipedal gorilla.

I was going to come back and edit my post to add something to the effect of, "I mean, you'd have to have hands like a gorill... Ohhhhhhhh."

• Like 1

Hopefully it's a good one.

Well, t'was an impulse buy at a pawn shop so I finger I got about a 50/50 chance.  What I have to do now is fight the urge to buy a shit-ton of those Red Ball "banana mags" for it before I actually fire the thing!