Jeezus H Christ! 

That is SUCH BS.

And the conditions described about going from your home to legal shooting spot sounds similiar to the BS we have here in Oz.

Also re: a DOJ list,any person who has a firearms license of ANY category here in AUS is listed as a "Single Threat Terrorist" on a national database.

First... what's the H short for?

Second... are you a multiple threat terrorist if you have two guns? Seems pretty fucking irrational to think that someone whom legally owns a firearm is a terrorist threat. Here, in burger, guns stop a lot of crimes. Would that be considered "terrorist on terrorist" crime in Oz? I've been to a lot of attempted rapes, robberies, burglaries, and even a few attempted murders that had their nefarious plots sullied by a well armed citizen.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The H is for Hay Zeus.

No,the idea being that a firearms owner could be a lone wolf operator for a Terror Attack,irrespective of how many firearms they own.

First off, you speak very good engrish for not being from America.

You have got to be shitting me... they cuckholded Australia???

That's it VTR... I don't wanna live in this world.

• Like 1

Jeezus H Christ! 

That is SUCH BS.

And the conditions described about going from your home to legal shooting spot sounds similiar to the BS we have here in Oz.

Also re: a DOJ list,any person who has a firearms license of ANY category here in AUS is listed as a "Single Threat Terrorist" on a national database.

Oh, and I forgot, silly me, that once it is registered, I can not sell it, transfer it or will it. Not even to my own family and or children, if I had any, could get the AW from me. But, there is a loophole to de-register the AW by making it featureless. And thus I could sell it or give it away. Yeah, makes no fucking sense. 

Oh, and I forgot, silly me, that once it is registered, I can not sell it, transfer it or will it. Not even to my own family and or children, if I had any, could get the AW from me. But, there is a loophole to de-register the AW by making it featureless. And thus I could sell it or give it away. Yeah, makes no fucking sense. 

Can't sell it? 

Hell,even here in AUS you can sell a firearm to another person if they possess the correct category firearms license. 

First off, you speak very good engrish for not being from America.

You have got to be shitting me... they cuckholded Australia???

That's it VTR... I don't wanna live in this world.

Well the Engrish were the ones who claimed the continent and then settled here.

Yes,AUS is a 2nd Amendment free zone. 

They do realize that you could just toss it in your car and drive there from... I dunno... any other state... with an AR/AK and have all the bells and whistles to do whatever. Or you could buy guns on the street, which is very easy. I have friends in the Oakland, LA, SF, and a handful of other police departments in CA that have verified this.

Well the Engrish were the ones who claimed the continent and then settled here.

Yes,AUS is a 2nd Amendment free zone.

I'm just parroting something I literally heard a female burger (it's cool, I asked her about the gender pronoun) say to an Australian that was here visiting a couple weeks ago. I busted into hyena laughter when she said that... but she was dead serious. I thought the joke would play well here since you can quote our constitution and we can't correctly identify you on a map...

I guess I'd be labeled as a terrorist in Oz.... no ruby slippers for me there. They'll probably deny my tourist visa now.

But...

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I'm glad someone got my literary humor. I literally looked this up before making the post to be 100% sure I was using it wrong. The mispelling of English was similarly for comedic affect, as was the vicious accusation that Australians don't speak it.

Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with “he”’ or “’she,” use who. If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom.

• Like 2

I'm glad someone got my literary humor.

I did, but now I have to ask...

I'm just parroting something I literally heard a female burger 

What is this in reference to? 

Sorry, To what is this referring? Should not have ended my sentence in a preposition there. Please forgive me. I am so embarrassed...

• Like 1

I did, but now I have to ask...

What is this in reference to? 

Sorry, To what is this referring? Should not have ended my sentence in a preposition there. Please forgive me. I am so embarrassed...

Actually there's two pieces to this. Urban dictionary covers most of it:

IMG_1985_zpsqwde67ei.jpeg

So that AND internationally I hear this particular term used to describe Americans. I've heard it used by Brits, Scotts, French, Australian, German, Israeli, and even Canadian forces as a derogatory term. It's not especially common in 'Merica, but I'm assuming VTR has heard it. It's a sound descriptor for this particular woman. I'd consider her to be most of the Urban Dictionary synonyms.

• Like 1

I'm just parroting something I literally heard a female burger (it's cool, I asked her about the gender pronoun) say to an Australian that was here visiting a couple weeks ago. I busted into hyena laughter when she said that... but she was dead serious. I thought the joke would play well here since you can quote our constitution and we can't correctly identify you on a map...

I guess I'd be labeled as a terrorist in Oz.... no ruby slippers for me there. They'll probably deny my tourist visa now.

Speaking for myself personally I was always into history from an early age so when I took my modern and ancient history classes in high school I probably geeked out on a lot of information on US history as well as a lot of various other nations and eras.

Here in AUS,a lot of Aussies would be able to answer correctly the question - 

Who was the 1st President of the USA.

However not be able to answer or answer incorrectly the question

Who was the 1st Prime Minister of Australia.

Aside from my general history curiousity I also was introduced to Marvel Comics and DC Comics at around 12 or 13 and found a lot of references to USA and Canada in the Marvel Comics.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm surprised how many 'Mericans have no fucking clue about the rest of the world. They clearly don't realize of the 7ish billion people on the planet, we're all in the top 1%....

To be fair though I've heard some stupid shit come out of people's mouths in ever country I've been in.

It's also fun to see someone from Oz, UK, EU walk into a "one stop shopping" mega store here. To see them see people buying flowers, steaks, firearms, toasters, and hard liquor at the same time is amusing.

I don't really follow Australian politics, mostly because I don't interact with Aussies on a professional level often. Working private security there is.... difficult. I keep up on the places I have friends or frequent. I've been watching Briexit because I always thought the EU was just another way for Germany to conquer Europe.

I would like to go to Australia to hunt feral cats, dingos, and those water buffalo, but that won't be this year. I'd do it with a bow to avoid the out of country gun thing, which I'm told is a bitch, although I've never looked into it myself, so maybe the other hunters are just drama queens. I think BBQing fresh buffalo steaks in the outback would be much more fun than going to NYC again.

• Like 1

Every nation on the planet would have some % of dumb fucks who are just plain ignorant and uneducated.

Last thing of any note with firearms in a retail environment (that was not a specific licensed firearms dealer) was the K-Mart (I think it's not exactly the same company as US K-Mart) back around 1988 or so had bullets for sale in a locked cabinet along with hunting knifes.

If my teenage memories serve correct it was .303 rifle ammo but could be wrong on that.

Now you'd not see that AT ALL here sadly.

Victoria has a proper set up for in season game hunting (100% birds though) but if you go out back Queensland or the Northern Territory on the right properties there's plenty of places that would cull kangaroos,feral pigs/boar and maybe some dingo's (not up to speed on permits for that). 

Can't sell it? 

Hell,even here in AUS you can sell a firearm to another person if they possess the correct category firearms license. 

I can sell it or transfer it to someone out of state only! As long as it is gone from California. They are still trying to sort out how to make it legal for someone to travel outside the state with with one and then bring it back in legally. Now you may ask, why travel with it? Well, there are a number of folks who compete in Tri-Gun style events and use those types of weapons for competition. They can automatically become criminals by bringing their own guns back into the state. 

Yes, my own personal property and I can not do as i please with it. 

Every nation on the planet would have some % of dumb fucks who are just plain ignorant and uneducated.

Last thing of any note with firearms in a retail environment (that was not a specific licensed firearms dealer) was the K-Mart (I think it's not exactly the same company as US K-Mart) back around 1988 or so had bullets for sale in a locked cabinet along with hunting knifes.

If my teenage memories serve correct it was .303 rifle ammo but could be wrong on that.

Now you'd not see that AT ALL here sadly.

Victoria has a proper set up for in season game hunting (100% birds though) but if you go out back Queensland or the Northern Territory on the right properties there's plenty of places that would cull kangaroos,feral pigs/boar and maybe some dingo's (not up to speed on permits for that).

I don't think I've seen a .303 in ten tears. Which is too bad because that's a clever sporting caliber. You used to see .30-06 Springfield all over when I was a kid, a lot of it was still government surplus from the Second World War, although I don't know how keen I'd be on firing it now.

I'd imagine there's a current surplus of F88 Austyr and 5.56 if there's any translation of military grade weapons to the civilian market. You'll have to forgive me on this but I don't recall what handgun the AUS forces carried. I only remember seeing the F88, and an occasional M4 that we'd joke about them having picked up from an American that had retreated.

I've never thought about shooting a kangaroo. I'd do it though, but I bet that meat is like chewing rope. The feral pigs would be fun, I've hunted them before, you just need a clean kill or the meat can be weird. The dingo and cat thing was a joke, but apparently you can legally hunt both. I'd honestly have to be pretty fucking hungry to eat a dingo.... I've eaten other canids and... yuck.

I can sell it or transfer it to someone out of state only! As long as it is gone from California. They are still trying to sort out how to make it legal for someone to travel outside the state with with one and then bring it back in legally. Now you may ask, why travel with it? Well, there are a number of folks who compete in Tri-Gun style events and use those types of weapons for competition. They can automatically become criminals by bringing their own guns back into the state. 

Yes, my own personal property and I can not do as i please with it.

Next there will be a property tax, monthly, on ownership. You'll have to put a GPS unit on it so they can track it at all times...

And they wonder why conservative libertarianism is the new counter culture...

Isn't that the California state motto?

Not everyone lives in a state that you get a free hi-point with any gasoline purchase of at least 8 gallons.

Not everyone lives in a state that you get a free hi-point with any gasoline purchase of at least 8 gallons.

Hah! That would never fly. The trash cans outside the gas station would be so heavy no one could lift them. We have better taste than that sir. 

Well, better taste in firearms anyway.   :P

I don't think I've seen a .303 in ten tears. Which is too bad because that's a clever sporting caliber. You used to see .30-06 Springfield all over when I was a kid, a lot of it was still government surplus from the Second World War, although

I don't know how keen I'd be on firing it now.

I'd imagine there's a current surplus of F88 Austyr and 5.56 if there's any translation of military grade weapons to the civilian market. You'll have to forgive me on this but I don't recall what handgun the AUS forces carried. I only remember seeing the F88, and an occasional M4 that we'd joke about them having picked up from an American that had retreated.

I've never thought about shooting a kangaroo. I'd do it though, but I bet that meat is like chewing rope. The feral pigs would be fun, I've hunted them before, you just need a clean kill or the meat can be weird. The dingo and cat thing was a joke, but apparently you can legally hunt both. I'd honestly have to be pretty fucking hungry to eat a dingo.... I've eaten other canids and... yuck.

That ammo I saw was like in 1988 or so so even more than ten years ago,the F88 is the current service weapon but there's an upgrade to a newer steyr coming in now or soon.

Here though for civilian use and sale,the army does not then sell off their weapons to firearms dealers en masse that I'm aware of.

M-4's and H&K MP5 are used by SAS and some Royal Australian Navy units and as for service handgun it's the browning "hi-power" (SAS use H&K for service handgun).

Kangaroo meat is not as bad as rope. 

I've had Kangaroo.  It was pretty good.  Granted, it was a "Tenderloin" cut and served at a really high-falootin' (pronounced "Very Expensive") restaurant rather than "Random Hunk of 'Roo Meat served at the State Fair," so it might not be an accurate sampling.  Also, there have been people who describe my epicurean credentials as "Human Garbage Disposal," so my opinion might not be THE best one to seek.

• Like 2

That ammo I saw was like in 1988 or so so even more than ten years ago,the F88 is the current service weapon but there's an upgrade to a newer steyr coming in now or soon.

Here though for civilian use and sale,the army does not then sell off their weapons to firearms dealers en masse that I'm aware of.

M-4's and H&K MP5 are used by SAS and some Royal Australian Navy units and as for service handgun it's the browning "hi-power" (SAS use H&K for service handgun).

Kangaroo meat is not as bad as rope.

The HK makes good weapons. The MP5 is a bit dated. The MP7 is a weird caliber though, especially if Oz is under the ridiculous caliber restrictions from the UN/NATO. 9mm and 5.56mm... The Aug is fine, Id prefer to see the better compact setup of the bullpup because it keeps the range by allowing you to not simply chop your barrel.

This is roughly the same overall length as the Aug but.. I'm down 4.5" of barrel... on the up side, it's a pistol, so I can carry it concealed and loaded.

IMG_1990_zps4faf15ki.jpg

The Browning Hi-Power is some old school shit though. They've seen plenty of action, but they might wanna upgrade.

Couldn't ask for a more ringing endorsement...    :P

Realistically, that's not a horrible one. I've eaten a few animals that have to rank worse. The old "is it better than eating rope" is a fun home game to play with your friends.

I've had Kangaroo.  It was pretty good.  Granted, it was a "Tenderloin" cut and served at a really high-falootin' (pronounced "Very Expensive") restaurant rather than "Random Hunk of 'Roo Meat served at the State Fair," so it might not be an accurate sampling.  Also, there have been people who describe my epicurean credentials as "Human Garbage Disposal," so my opinion might not be THE best one to seek.

I suppose that only counts if you've literally eaten out of a trash can.

• Like 1

The HK makes good weapons. The MP5 is a bit dated. The MP7 is a weird caliber though, especially if Oz is under the ridiculous caliber restrictions from the UN/NATO. 9mm and 5.56mm... The Aug is fine, Id prefer to see the better compact setup of the bullpup because it keeps the range by allowing you to not simply chop your barrel.

This is roughly the same overall length as the Aug but.. I'm down 4.5" of barrel... on the up side, it's a pistol, so I can carry it concealed and loaded.

IMG_1990_zps4faf15ki.jpg

The Browning Hi-Power is some old school shit though. They've seen plenty of action, but they might wanna upgrade.

The ADF definitely need to upgrade their weapons of choice IMO. 

The ADF definitely need to upgrade their weapons of choice IMO.

They just need to adopt a piston cycled bullpup that's chambered in 5.7x28mm, .300 AAC Blk, .338 Lapua or .458 SOCOM. For their handgun, a .45 GAP or 5.7x28mm would get the job done faster and lighter, then for their compact SMG, the MP7 is fine. If some defense forces were to adopt the platform you'd be able to find ammunition.

Science has evolved the art of shooting. The 9mm parabellum was designed in 1901, .45 ACP in 1905, 5.56x45mm NATO in 1959, 7.62x51 in 1951... seriously... it's flat ridiculous that we're still using these calibers when there are SIGNIFICANTLY better options available. Name something that was "better engineered" before the lunar missions.

Don't get me wrong, the move from 7.62x51mm to the 5.56x54mm was a good call. Gen. Curtis LeMay observed that 22% of M14 shooters could achieve expert, while 44% of AR-15 shooters could do the same. Hit percentages on the battlefield were officially increased, although I find that hard to quantify as there's more than one reason to press a trigger in a fire fight. Personally I think the 5.7x28mm is a good option because it can be fired from a handgun or rifle. You lose velocity due to unburnt powder but it does some nasty work. I've treated more than one of these GSW's and I'm glad I never got hit with one.

Perhaps someday soon we'll see the "cult of calibers" broken by people actually researching and using the ballistic evidence that's been compiled over the last 116 years.

But we have made significant changes to the manner in which the internal combustion engine operates. Look at the increased horsepower, fuel economy, reliability, user interface, aerodynamics, braking systems, suspension, traction control, and a long list of changes made to automobiles since 1890.

You can literally interchange some parts on modern 1911's with guns from WWI. Nothing else is 100 years of backwards compatible.

Also:

“There is no need or reason why a person would need to purchase more than one gun a month,” the bill’s sponsor, Sen. Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), said during the floor debate.

According to gun control advocates, the concern is people who purchase multiple guns in a 30-day period are buying the firearms to sell on the black market via straw purchases."

http://www.americanweaponscomponents.com/uncategorized/california-passing-another-round/

• Like 1