kevins 70 510

510kevin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, ive heard of this many times....the best thing to do is give me your dime and ill figure it out......sorry kev i had to do it...... :P

funny guy!!!

lol, i found out my problem. when i was putting my harness together under the dash, i may have had a few drinks. i was really wondering about this "starter relay" that kept clicking when i turn the key...........

little did i know, while i had a nice buzz goin on, i plugged the starter harness into the headlight harness and vice-versa!!!!

what an idiot. needless to say, the car starts now and i tested the lights....they work too :D

finally got the car back on the road today, just have to finish up some little stuff tomorrow.

its gonna be my dd from now on, because diesel has gone through the roof and its killin me to drive my truck :angry:

so, got new wheel cylinders, shoes, springs and had the drums machined today. also timed it, got the su's as close as i could and it runs great.

even got a pic while out on the shakedown test drive.......

510redux014.jpg

• Like 2

more pics......you know your teasing me......i want to see under hood also...... :D

pics as requested..........

wiring is almost done, i know its kind of messy, but its all trial to make sure everything works before i button it all up!

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

ordered a nos sss airfilter to go in my sss aircleaner.....

Picture003.jpg

almost done. need to finish wiring and do a quick cleanup in the bay. then its back to bodywork and hopefully some paint this coming winter :D

I doo love a clean engine bay. Almost a shame to put the hood on. Get one of those clear hoods the kids had back in the era of the original Fast and the Furious. So itchin' to paint huh? What are you going to do about your own Datsun?

it'll have its time, just wait. i have lots in store for it!!

got my front lip in today! i gave the 69 camaro front lip a gamble and it worked out.....sort of..

had to cut the shit out of it, it still dont fit great, but my car's gonna stay ratty for awhile, so it fits the look well....and it was only $32!!

510redux017.jpg

510redux016.jpg

510redux018.jpg

• 1 month later...

well, its been awhile, haventdone much to thedime besides drive it every day. had some motor problems, motor started smoking when i had it for sale. the day after, it quit and hasnt smoked since.

so i just decided to keep the l20b in it because it runs great and gets good mileage.

last night i played with the coilovers.

510redux020.jpg

coilovers are all the way down here. not functional, crossmember was less than an inch off the ground. sure looked cool though!!!

this is how it sits now after cutting and re-welding the inner wheelwells in the rear. lowered it about an inch and a half all the way around.....

510redux021.jpg

all in all, rides better and doesnt rub at all.

next, the rollbar is coming out and im gonna put all the interior back in it and get back on the bodywork