kevins 70 510

510kevin

Those 15x7 0 offset Rewinds look great! What size tires are on there? Also are those shouldered lug bolts?

You and your car are inspiring me. :)

they have 195 50 15 pirellis on right now.

and the lugnuts are a funky splined "tuner" (ricer?) lugnut with an acorn style seat.

and trust me bob, after going through your threads you inspire me. i cant wait to see the 68 rat running!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Photo0284.jpg

finally home! sealed in gray. bodywork is 99% done. i still have to work on the fender lips and some edge work before paint

Photo0286.jpg

Photo0285.jpg

ass end came a long ways. shaved markers and license plate lights. sanded and buffed taillights and removed center rings

Photo0287.jpg

fixed original parts to the car. fenders were fucked and valance had a ton of creases. also filledcenter hole on the valance

still have some more work to make it a daily. i need to have the janky exhaust redone, lower it some more :D

damn keven very nice , your making me not even want mine....i talked to my buddy about the shaved handels and he said they let him race at pir drags ....they said if you crash were breaking a window.....shave um....jdm sexy right here ....

im thinkin the handles may go. i dont plan on racing this one anymore. ill buy a cheap junker to bang up!!

• Like 1

Lookin good man! after tax returns I still want my goon slathered in some real olive drab. :cool:

just let me know when you're ready, the first few months of the year is a pretty good time for me.

i got some real military od from some ww2 rigs we've restored recently so i can save you a few bucks :D

• 2 weeks later...

after workin like crazy the last few weeks, i finally got to play with my 510 today. i got the new trunk seal put in, license plate lights in, grille and lights back in and a good bath :D

finally messed with my camber plates and fixed the dirt track style camber i had, and lowered her a little more!

enjoy some pics!!!

Photo0297.jpg

Photo0296.jpg

Photo0295.jpg

exhaust will get done after the holidays, and then ill start drivin her back and forth to work

ya that is sweet you did awsome work ..its soo much better...id still lose the handels but damn man its looks like a differnt car...funny the dude you got it from said in his add that it was ready for paint..lol, i cant wait to send ya mine to do ... i already got the cash ....my other car took a crap so my dime is my only car right now....i love the ass end on that ride looks good...did you get the lightnboltz or a diff brand...i got 2 sets to do mine top and bottom....keep up the sweet work man....

• 2 weeks later...

Photo0303.jpg

been a while since my last post. was definately time to start fine-tuning some stuff on my 510. i've had small problems that have kept it off the road for a little while. so, i got serious and tackled most of it at one time.

the pic above is me, making my own gaskets. wifey had to take the pic. she said " thats the hardest i've seen you concentrate without a set of boobs in front of you!"

anyways, i got the camber dialed in as best as i could on the front end. before, it would wander all over the freeway and it was scary as shit.!! one side was fairly close and one side was WAY negative...dirt track car style :blink:

also pulled the carb, intake and header off to put a new gasket in. also went through the carb one more time because of a rich running problem. i accidentally put a 170 jet in the primary idle jet :huh: its supposed to be a 140!!

either way, she's running great now, drives straight and goes in for exhaust on wednesday!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Photo0336.jpg

new updates!

been driving my 510 back and forth to work for the last few weeks, been running great! new exhaust makes it bearable going down the freeway now. got my ratsun sticker on(thanks [2edeye)

broke a tie rod today trying to replace the outer tie rod end :angry: luckily napa has them for $11.65 each, they will be here tuesday morning. since i broke the fucker at work, i sleeved the tierod with some pipe we had andwelded her solid. it safely made it through the 29 mile commute back home after work! (recognize the welding skillz and giant balls!) :D

now im waiting to do more work on the car, as some of you may know, ill be moving to a bigger house with a huge shop. i have a few projects lined up with other ratsun members, but will be back on bodywork and paint for my car by the end of summer.

• 3 weeks later...

updates!!

been awhile, but ive been busy moving and havent had internet for a few weeks.

but now i got a shop!!!! :fu:

tearing the dime down, its time for some upgrades!

on the list for the next couple weeks:

su carbs(buying friday from dvboth)

saturn alt swap (from 78kingcab)

new guages

and i think im gonna yank the motor and shave the bay, tuck all the wires andpaint the bay. i think im gonna paint it some wild color inside, not sure yet.....

til next time.....

Photo0350.jpg

well, after buying a set of carbs, and a saturn alt, i decided its time to clean up the engine bay.

510pull001.jpg

engine yanked!!

510pull002.jpg

510pull003.jpg

bought some supplies and some new parts.(ill show 'em when i get 'em!)

going for full shave, rewire everything and tuck all the wires.

stay tuned........

• 3 weeks later...

been cranking on the datsun lately in my new shop.

had to borrow my father-in-laws welder to weld up all the seams in the engine bay. also filled any unnecessary holes.

cleaned up my motor, polished the carbs, valve cover and timing cover. scored some more polished goodies also.

well, heres the pics of the motor, almost finished. little more polishing and waiting for my header to come back from ceramic coating :D

510redux005.jpg

510redux004.jpg

and has anyone seen a polished distributor? :P

510redux001.jpg