kevins 70 510

510kevin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent gotten as far on the bay as i have on the motor. all seams are welded, and im starting with filler to smooth everything out. ill start showing pics when i get it in primer. hopefully early next week!!

Nice work man, i just saw this one for the first time. Glad to see another Datsun guy that likes impalas/belairs. they where one of the first cars i really liked, but never have got ahold of one. What the final color going to be on the 510? Or is that secret!!

Nice work man, i just saw this one for the first time. Glad to see another Datsun guy that likes impalas/belairs. they where one of the first cars i really liked, but never have got ahold of one. What the final color going to be on the 510? Or is that secret!!

thanks! i love the impalas/belairs/biscaynes. ive been a lowrider guy since i was a kid and ill always have a 58-64 chev floating around here.

not too sure on the final color yet, i want to do something different, and low key. i like the green on dillons car, and am leaning towards a brown or tan (trust me it will be cool)

and dislexicdime, thank you, i wanted to save this one since the first time i saw it on craigslist.

• 2 weeks later...

just got my header back from finishline coatings. nice polished ceramic coating!!!

510redux008.jpg

quick pic of some welding i did in the bay. completely welded and smoothed seams

510redux007.jpg

a little filler to clean up some wrinkles!

510redux009.jpg

gotta finish putting my l20b back together, finish sanding the bay, prime it and see how much more work i got to do. trying to have it back on the road may 1st to go to jeremy (sssr20det)'s meet n greet

LOL ok i was hoping LOL it just looked like alot of bondo, get this thing ready for the meet

theres a bit of bondo in there, it looks like someone smashed up the whole bay with a ball peen hammer, lotsa little dents! it definately will be done before the meet!

weird looking header

Hope it dont hit the steering linkage at a full turn

thats the same crusty header i had in the car before, no clearance issues at all. i just had it ceramic coated to look purdy! :D

well, ive done some thinkin and changed the direction for my car.....

i was workin on it and thinkin "what color do i want the bay to be?"

so, im lookin around the shop for inspiration, when i spot it.....

good color? check

cheap? check

easy to apply? check

and another plus.....sound deadening, oil resistant goodness!!

510redux010.jpg

love it or hate it if you want. it is more of a function thing for me. i did not want to build a show car, just a clean streetcar, and i was going in a direction that was not making me happy.

im happy now........... :) :)

510redux011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Check your battery connections. Make sure your terminals & cables are clean & have good connection. Make sure battery is well charged too. Its a Datsun. Start simple. ;)

already tried all of that. new cables with clean ends, new bolts and connections, and brand new battery thats been on a battery tender for 2weeks.......