kevins 70 510

510kevin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

well, ive been workin like crazy lately and havent had much time for my 510. i have been driving it back and forth to work for the last 2 weeks and havent had a single problem.

but, its time to tear it down and get serious.......

Photo0216.jpg

passenger fender is pretty banged up, valance is wasted. i might be able to fix them, but we'll see....

Photo0217.jpg

engine bay is gross. p/o painted it several times and did a shitty prep job. the paint peels off in sheets. i plan to clean up and hide most of the wiring also.

Photo0219.jpg

new rollbar painted and tacked in for now.....

while the car is down for the winter, i plan on:

minitub and exhaust tunnel so i can drop it a little more

clean, shave and paint the engine bay

fix the fenders and valance

finish the bodywork andhave it primed and sealed for next summer

ive been workin like crazy lately and havent had much time for my 510.

will you have time later? if not time now then usually its no time later. Then another 510 in the projects section.

Fix it get it backon the road!

thats what im doin!! :P

this one aint leavin my posession.

alright, bring on the baddness

trust me, the baddness is coming......

Photo0223.jpg

got some undercoat on the inner fenders, straightened out and painted the core support. new stainless bolts for the fenders, hood hinges, hood latch and everything else under the hood.

sanded and buffed my marker lights

Photo0214.jpg

polished every frontend piece.

tomorrow im gonna get the fenders and valance and fendersstraight and in primer :D

more work done today....

ugly ass fender

Photo0230.jpg

shaved marker....

Photo0231.jpg

did this to clear my rewinds....

Photo0232.jpg

sooo much better!!!!

Photo0235.jpg

and the other side

Photo0236.jpg

:)started polishing my hood hinges

Photo0234.jpg

more work coming, i have to work all weekend, but i plan on kickin more ass monday and tuesday

• 3 weeks later...

more work done in the past week! im about another week from having her back on the road. i've been missing driving my little car, but im adressing alot of important stuff while she's down!

Photo0248.jpg

bodywork on the frontend is done! got the valance straightened out (was mangled!) markers shaved and crunched right fender like new

Photo0250.jpg

time to shave the rear markers!

Photo0251.jpg

made my patch, and cut a hole for it....

Photo0253.jpg

some welding!

Photo0254.jpg

ready for bodywork....

Photo0255.jpg

gettin closer!!!!

im in the process of cleaning up my taillights right now. tie rods are in. i have about 10-15 more hoursof bodywork to do before i can seal it and drive it again. paint will be next winter. still dont have a color in mind :unsure:

• Like 1

early next year would work good, my car and the 67 cuda will be out of our shop by then!!

oh it looks soo sweet.....one of my favorite thing ...a straight shaved 510.....im hoping your keeping the rear vents right behind 1/4 windows......and shaving door handels???? :D anyway looking good....

oh it looks soo sweet.....one of my favorite thing ...a straight shaved 510.....im hoping your keeping the rear vents right behind 1/4 windows......and shaving door handels???? :D anyway looking good....

rear vents are staying and the handles. the handles have to stay if i want to race it!

rear vents are staying and the handles. the handles have to stay if i want to race it!

you need to do another set of doors so you can shave those handles then for race weekend you can swap um out......are you gonna shave licence plate lights,you could use the lightnboltz for lights....they are the bolt to hold plate on but they have leds in them to light up plate....there way cool...my black dime is that way....and i got the stuff to do the red one..

there only bout 30.00 for a set , but really cleans it up ...not the best pic but a pic...

d013.jpg

you need to do another set of doors so you can shave those handles then for race weekend you can swap um out......are you gonna shave licence plate lights,you could use the lightnboltz for lights....they are the bolt to hold plate on but they have leds in them to light up plate....there way cool...my black dime is that way....and i got the stuff to do the red one..

there only bout 30.00 for a set , but really cleans it up ...not the best pic but a pic...

d013.jpg

ill find a set of doors and eventually shave them. they look clean as hell without the handles!

....and i shaved the license lights yesterday! the lighted bolts are in the mail!! :D

just 15x7 0 offset rewinds. i want the extra clearance so i can drop it some more and not rub

Those 15x7 0 offset Rewinds look great! What size tires are on there? Also are those shouldered lug bolts?

You and your car are inspiring me. :)