kevins 70 510

510kevin

hey guys, ive been lurking and interacting on here for awhile, but i dont think ive ever introduced myself. my names kevin, i live north of vancouver in woodland, wa

im on my 7th datsun, and on my 4th 510. the others i bought were in good shape, but my new one was far from it.

510001.jpg

here it is the day i brought it home....pretty haggard.......

Photo0178.jpg

heres my 4 year old son, lincoln helping me roll the fenders to fit the rewinds

510004.jpg

heres the interior, nice aluminum door panels,and del sol seats.

will have more oics up soon.

Photo0183.jpg

car has:

l20 with u20 head,weber 32/36 dogleg 5speed

t3 camber plates and front/rear coilovers

factory tach(rare????

konig rewinds

future plans include:

roll bar

some kind of swap (maybe, l20 runs excellent)

t3 tension rods

aluminum dash

body work

paint

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a ratsun!!!!!!!!

slam it down.

YOu have the one in the photo also?

YOu need to get a matchbox. theres been 4 for sal so far recently. get one.

Why 7 datsuns?????????? cant keep them running?

sadly, most of the datsuns ive had ive had to sell for one reason or another. ive always sold them to someone for a good deal though!

i had the one in my avatar, it was my last one i had. ive been away from datsuns for about 4 years and had to get another.

i love these cars and wish i still had every one i ever bought. so i will definately keep this one.(my son has dibs on it, hes 4!!)

and it will be slammed,trust me. just have to have the exhaust redone.

Sounds like my son he's 4 also he wants one but it I have to paint it orange, that's his fav color. If it was up to him I would have one in every color though lol

my kid already has dibson my orange 63 also. hes a spoiled shit!!

winterwheels001.jpg

My buddy was just saying the other day, if he gets a 510 he wants to paint it flat orange.

Those cars you have are CLEAN. I like the flat orange alot. Also like the satin blue color, seen a few that color.

Did you used a clear with a flattener or just spray the base and leave it???

My buddy was just saying the other day, if he gets a 510 he wants to paint it flat orange.

Those cars you have are CLEAN. I like the flat orange alot. Also like the satin blue color, seen a few that color.

Did you used a clear with a flattener or just spray the base and leave it???

its just orange base+flattening agent. i would reccomend something better for a driver. the flattened basecoat absorbs grease, tar, mud, bug guts and everything else. i messed with flattened clear, but if you dont get it perfect(ie runs, orange peel) you have to wetsand and buff and the clear shines back up.

the 2 63's were painted like this as a temporary solution to boring primer/sealer. looks cool for a few months and only cost about $80 worth of materials!!

if your buddy wants to do flat orange look up hotrod flatz. stuff looks sick and is WAY easy to shoot

those 510 fenders look sooo much better shaved ,im going to have to start mine soon, i always liked this dime..could never make a deal with the fella tho

this car was a bitch to get. the guy that owned it was living in mexico. i emailed back and forth with him for like 2 weeks trying to get info from him. i kept getting 2 word emails like "needs battery" "needs exhaust"

the car was in mcminnville (almost 2 hours away from me) at the guys sisters house (who only spoke spanish and couldnt find the keys)

but, i got it and i love it. gonna get some more bodywork and tie-rods done tomorrow morning. should have oics up tomorrow afternoon :D

• 2 weeks later...

well, ive been workin hard on the little dime lately.

i bought a remanned matchbox dizzy from costless for $135. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!

got some seats from 78kingcab, they are bolted in with the seatbelts hooked up

changed the oil, swapped in some new plugs and have been driving it since!!!!

time to start the bodywork......lots of pics coming!! :D

Photo0198.jpg

heres why i didnt make it to beaches cruise in today :angry:

had a minor disagreement with the wiring in my engine bay. previous owner did some shady shit that melted like crazy. had to spend an hour rewiring a bunch of shit to limp it home.

did get the cool shot with my father-in-laws 63 fairlane goon behind me!!!