kevins 70 510

510kevin

that's because you need the other fuse box or the other harnes look at the pics i posted

Not too sure of that... All of the wires coming out of both fuse blocks have identical colors. Only difference is what the white wire connects too, and the only thing the "later" harness wants from the box is for the white to not connect to the headlight fuses.

Kevin, how did you fix your headlight problems? Did you make the 2 fuses get power from the RY?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure of that... All of the wires coming out of both fuse blocks have identical colors. Only difference is what the white wire connects too, and the only thing the "later" harness wants from the box is for the white to not connect to the headlight fuses.

Kevin, how did you fix your headlight problems? Did you make the 2 fuses get power from the RY?

i unplugged the two black ground wires from the headlight relay and plugged in the red/yellow. it worked :huh:

either way, i have everything but turn signals and my park lights come on automatically when i turn on the ignition.

and now, i ran all the wires to my canam box, and it dont work.........FUCK I HATE WIRING!!!!!

510redux031.jpg

Leacean is correct

"white to not connect to the headlight fuses. "

the fuse box has a copper bus strip that connects it ,thats it. if not connected then you got to put it to 12volts.

my park lights come on automatically when i turn on the ignition.??????

That is not stock set up, was this wires like that before the motor swap?If yes and it worked I dont see what it would still not work?

Is this stock wiring or NOT? That drwg you listed above means not stock. all of time the new drawing mak it switchable powe .Japs used switchable ground.

Dislexicdime.

If I rememeber right the if the fuse is bad on the Can Am box the fuse broke indicator lamp should come on or is it OFF.

i ran all the wires to my canam box, and it dont work.........???????

hear the fuel pump?

got close up photos?

Is the box supposed to be grounded?

Leacean is correct

"white to not connect to the headlight fuses. "

the fuse box has a copper bus strip that connects it ,thats it. if not connected then you got to put it to 12volts.

my park lights come on automatically when i turn on the ignition.??????

That is not stock set up, was this wires like that before the motor swap?If yes and it worked I dont see what it would still not work?

Is this stock wiring or NOT? That drwg you listed above means not stock. all of time the new drawing mak it switchable powe .Japs used switchable ground.

Dislexicdime.

If I rememeber right the if the fuse is bad on the Can Am box the fuse broke indicator lamp should come on or is it OFF.

i ran all the wires to my canam box, and it dont work.........???????

hear the fuel pump?

got close up photos?

Is the box supposed to be grounded?

the harness is a factory harness, just out of a different car. the old one was in bad shape and had a bunch of splices in it.

as for the can am box, i wired it as best as i could interpret from icehouse's drawing. when it didnt work, i wan constant poweer to the main power terminal, the key power terminal and the ecu bup terminal. still nothing. no lights, clicks, nothing

510redux032.jpg

I dont see a ground wire... Which wire do you have hooked to ground? It should connect to one of the 4 holes inline with the fuses.

its hokey, but the alligator clipped wire is the ground for the moment.

ann the holes inline with the fuses all say main 12v power.

i have an EXTREMELY hard time reading wiring diagrams, even the simple ones. <_<

Yes you are right, those are 12v power.

You need 2 grounds. THe box needs the ground at the terminal labeled ground. and the ecu needs the black wire grounded.

Then you need the black white wire from the 510 harness into key power.

In your picture I see no Key power hooked up.

Yes you are right, those are 12v power.

You need 2 grounds. THe box needs the ground at the terminal labeled ground. and the ecu needs the black wire grounded.

Then you need the black white wire from the 510 harness into key power.

In your picture I see no Key power hooked up.

fuck beans, i had this all messed p, wait a few, im gonna go change some shit.......

okay, moved the coil wire to "key pwr"

ran a ground to can am box and ecu. red light on ecu and green "eccs ok" light came on and stays on.

hit the key to see if she would start. fuel pump powered up and ran while cranking only.

"run ok" light never came on and car wouldnt fire......

Sweet, that is some progress!

Kevin, can you go through and tell me which wires are which plugged into the terminals starting at "GND" going to "FP 1"

GND =

Run 3 =

Run 2 =

Run 1 =

Key PWR =

ECCS LSS =

ECCS 3 =

ECCS 2 =

ECCS 1 =

ECCS BUP =

FP LSS =

FP 4 =

FP 3 =

FP 2 =

FP 1 =

Sweet, that is some progress!

Kevin, can you go through and tell me which wires are which plugged into the terminals starting at "GND" going to "FP 1"

GND = ground wire to good ground on dash frame

Run 3 = nothing

Run 2 = black/red

Run 1 = brown

Key PWR = coil positive wire

ECCS LSS = red/black

ECCS 3 = nothing

ECCS 2 = nothing

ECCS 1 = black/white

ECCS BUP = fused wire to positive battery term.

FP LSS = black/pink

FP 4 = nothing

FP 3 = nothing

FP 2 = black/yellow

FP 1 =positive to fuel pump

when i went to go look at these wires, the ecu red light was not on anymore. when i hit the key, it still didnt come on. neither did the fuel pump. checked all connections and still nothing...all fuses are also good....

Sounds like the ECU doesnt have power if the red light on it is not on.

This in turn would not trigger anything else... Double check the ground on the ecu (no alligator clips ;) ).

For the ECU to turn on, it looks like it needs the ground, That Red wire from the battery, and maybe the big black red wire.

Do you have a volt meter? Anything to check current/voltage/continuity?

Sounds like the ECU doesnt have power if the red light on it is not on.

This in turn would not trigger anything else... Double check the ground on the ecu (no alligator clips ;) ).

For the ECU to turn on, it looks like it needs the ground, That Red wire from the battery, and maybe the big black red wire.

Do you have a volt meter? Anything to check current/voltage/continuity?

yes i have a volt meter. im gonna go look at some shit right now. i wish you were closer!(no homo)

talked to phil and found out the harnesses are mismatched. went and pulled the 6 pin connector under the dash and sure as shit, wires are mismatched.

that half way solves my lighting issue.

now the can/am box. i think i need someone to come physically look at it. im getting more frustrated trying to figure it out.

ill supply the beer, lunch and some cash in your pocket if you can come help me figure it out.....

Well I am free any day except for tomorrow. I haz no job, so freedom ensues!

Which day do you prefer?

want to shoot for wednesday? i can have all other aspects of the swap done by then and have my shop cleaned up a little.

i could paypal you some monies to make it down here if you need.....