kevins 70 510

510kevin

did you do the timing chain and reseal it before you did the swap? I wish you lived near me i would let you use my ignition i know mine is good.

i didnt. i shouldve done it while it was on the ground :angry:

i did get it running, just had to use starting fluid. wont fire on its own, but if i use starting fluid, it will start, and run on its own after a minute

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling for ya man. :angry: I may be in this same spot in a bit.....with mine.....Sending you some good vibes!!!:cool:

I almost want to come check it out to see what I'm getting into.:blink:

i tend to make things harder than they really are. im sure ist something dumb im overlooking.

the swap itself isnt too difficult, i just dont understand the basics of the fuel injected motor and i suck at wiring.

i should've done the install myself and paid someone to come do the wiring.......any takers? lol

yes it is. i think im just not understanding icehouse's diagram.

i absolutely suck at wiring, wiring diagrams and the like.

the more i look at the diagram, the more i think i have things incorrect

and dont know if anyone saw it, but im offering up my 620 shell for the person who makes sense of this sometime this week. im tired of watching my car sit. :angry:

I would be there, if I knew how to get it working. Wiring is easy to me, but I dont think its wiring...

are the lights on teh CAN/AM box staying on when cranking?

yes they do.

my problem is translating the diagram to my car. i just dont understand a few things....

ill throw down some gas money mike

H5, mind if I hitch a ride with you tomorrow? We can both head their.

Can we do this early...keven.....laecaon.? I have to be back by 3:15 to get my kids and another guy is coming to my house tomorrow to cut a piece off my parts car.

Early like I can leave my house at 9am...maybe a bit sooner.

Can we do this early...keven.....laecaon.? I have to be back by 3:15 to get my kids and another guy is coming to my house tomorrow to cut a piece off my parts car.

Early like I can leave my house at 9am...maybe a bit sooner.

I'm available any time! Laecaon, you in?

EXTREMLY BIG THANKS TO PHIL AND MIKE!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

my car runs now!!!!!!

phil turned my retarded clump of shitty wiring into a functioning car!!! :hyper:

you guys are great, thanks again!

now to fix some vacuum leaks, figure out charging issue and reassemble the interior!

ka powered burnouts very soon :devil:

• Like 1

well, yanked the alternator, had it tested at napa(twice, while i was standing there) and it tested good :mellow:

the belt however was extremely slimed up from the leaking front main. so, i got a new belt, front main seal and some vacuum port plugs.

hopefully the 620 sells, i need the money for tags and gas in the 510 :o

Yeah, we made it there after a wrong turn onto a nice stretch of road. Well once we got there Phil make quick work of the wiring...;)

IMAG0019.jpg

The $1000 Smile!

IMAG0022.jpg

Ratsun salute!

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

Don't forget Phil also got the head lights going going in record time....Kevin's fuse box got a Ratsun make over....:P

We compared it to mine, Phil made the proper adjustments!

I would have came out today, but I was out too late with friends.

Bad Boy! :lol: But you missed my wrong turn 30 mile back track, how do you get to Kevin's adventure.:P

And when we left we went a different way back to the freeway from the way we came. :no:

Bad Boy! :lol: But you missed my wrong turn 30 mile back track, how do you get to Kevin's adventure.:P

And when we left we went a different way back to the freeway from the way we came. :no:

I gotta use a gps to get to his house.

Last time i went there, they were doing work on the roads and i got tar stuck to my truck :blink: