Looking for a new DD. What do you guys think?

Guest DatsuNoob

Which one?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 2004 mini cooper 1.6L, 38K mi, MT leather, heated seats, power, etc $13,000

• Get it! It's a fun little car with great MPG's
    • You're crazy! Too much money and it's not a Dat
    • It's a total pile of shite
  2. 2. 2008 Frontier 2.5L, 2WD, 48K mi, extended cab, MT, cd, ac, etc. $9800

• Get this one, it's better priced and it's a Nissan
    • Trucks arent as much fun as the Mini, and the mini gets better MPG's PASS!
    • More practical than a compact
    • this rig sucks

Check out the price of a brake job on a Mini before you buy. I think that they call to do a bunch of extra stuff or else it voids the warranty. I know my neighbor is always bitchin about the cost.He is on his second one though so there must be something he likes about that car.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother in law had a frontier extended cab with a normal looking canopy on it. He really loved the rig, only reason he got rid of it was for something bigger since his kids are bigger now. It ran great, got decent mileage. I always tend to buy trucks, and anymore they will be only extended cabs. Can haul people, and items.. Plus if you get a normal looking canopy you can put some people in the back :D Hard choice, my vote is for the truck tho...

You can pick up 350Zs for around 9 to 10k now... just gotta look. :)

What happened to finding a $800 basic cheap car!? wow, those are expensive in comparison.

An $800 car is NOT a daily driver................. and will cost hundreds to just get some-what reliable

If you are gonna spend $10k............ the 350z would be the most fun.......... and I have seen them for $8k with higher miles or a couple dents

An $800 car is NOT a daily driver................. and will cost hundreds to just get some-what reliable

WHAT!?!?!?! I have checked out / helped people buy so many 1k- cars that ran for YEARS with no work I don't even remember them all! It probably wont be pretty, It will have some funk to it, and it most likely wont get you laid! However it will get you there and back! Car payments & big insurance for a new 10k+ rig SUCK!

If you are gonna spend $10k............ the 350z would be the most fun.......... and I have seen them for $8k with higher miles or a couple dents

Gotta agree with you there. I payed $550 for my Sunny and I'm still throwing parts at it.

Guest DatsuNoob

Well, the Frontier sold. Deals like that dont last too long I guess. Anyway, I'm gonna look around a little tonight, but I'm leaning toward the Mini. Not the "s" either. I've done a little homework, and found that the Cooper S has a much rougher ride vs the Cooper base. Hard to beat that kinda gas mileage too unless you drive a lame ass prius or Smartcar :rolleyes:. I'm gonna be driving a pretty good commute every day, so I think it'll work out. Who knows I may pick up a beater 4X4 720 later on, like I've been wanting for a little while for utility purposes. Thanks again for everyone's input and ideas :)

New coopers are great if you like expensive fixes. I have a buddy I know with one and his electric fan went out. The assembly (cheapest he could find) was only $400. Due to BMW/Rover/Mini influence, that car is going to be a nightmare for maintenance costs, although they "shouldn't" break down.

I'd go with a Nissan product, even a new Nissan product much before a Mini. Plus I've heard a lot of Mini dealers have their noses pointed upwards most of the time.

The truck may slurp up the gas a little more and isnt near as much fun to drive, but is more useful and probably a little cheaper to insure and maintain. I'm stuck here :frantics:

dont be to sure about this i dont know the laws there ut in cali ALL trucks haveto registered under commercial accounts its gonna cost me 300 just to get my truck regestered when i get to that point throw on top of that full coverage insurance and then any other factors you will probibly come out even as far as reg and insurance

the designer totally fucked the mini design...... its a chick car now!

go with the frontier and save some bucks! Spare parts are sort of cheap considering the spares for the mini. the frontier is less plastic XD

dont be to sure about this i dont know the laws there ut in cali ALL trucks haveto registered under commercial accounts its gonna cost me 300 just to get my truck regestered when i get to that point throw on top of that full coverage insurance and then any other factors you will probibly come out even as far as reg and insurance

What is this? I dont get it...

Get the Frontier :cool: ( even though I like mini's ) then when your ready buy a cheap Z car :D ;) ( less than $3,000 or so would be cool )

The mini will look awful funny with plywood ontop and 2x4's inside. Frontier hands down ( you will never kick yerself in the butt for gettin a truck . ) unless you drive a lot of miles everyday , then I say get the best gas mileage between the 2 cars and borrow a buddy's truck when needed.

Whatever you do , there both good choices and you can always get a cheap truck or cheap car afterwards !

Good Luck Man ! :D

Simple:

A. Buy both.

B. Buy the Mini, and a cheap, but solid 620/720 to haul stuff.

C. Buy the Frontier, and a cheap, but solid commuter car. You might be able to do this for the price of just the Mini.

IMO, depends on how much/often you need to haul stuff.

My two centavos...spend freely. :cool:

get the one that gives you a hard on when your driving it man! if you going to spend days of your life inside of a car you might as well be enjoying it... Im not a fan of 2wd trucks i think there gay... except dattos there still bad ass but a frontier is not a datto so imo GAY but yo money man!

Find another frontier. I have a 2006 (same as 2008) crew cab V6, and I absolutely LOVE it. Don't bother with the 4 cylinder though, there's only like a 1 mpg difference between the V6 and I4, but a big hp discrepency. My V6 has a lot of power, and returns a solid 20 mpg if I don't drive it hard. Tows great too. Plus you have a bed to throw engines/crap into.

There deff more than a 1 mpg difference. if you have any questions about the Frontiers, check out ClubFrontier.org. I love my 1st gen. The new frontiers are even better. Better styling, less issues (but they still have a few) better mpg.

789608306_RUQTm-XL.jpg