Looking for a new DD. What do you guys think?

Guest DatsuNoob

Which one?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 2004 mini cooper 1.6L, 38K mi, MT leather, heated seats, power, etc $13,000

• Get it! It's a fun little car with great MPG's
    • You're crazy! Too much money and it's not a Dat
    • It's a total pile of shite
  2. 2. 2008 Frontier 2.5L, 2WD, 48K mi, extended cab, MT, cd, ac, etc. $9800

• Get this one, it's better priced and it's a Nissan
    • Trucks arent as much fun as the Mini, and the mini gets better MPG's PASS!
    • More practical than a compact
    • this rig sucks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

If it was a Cubman S turbo, maybe, but if not HELL NO! Besides, I know the Sound system in and out on the frontier!

I drove the Mini, and it had good acceleration, great steering response and handling, just a fun little rig to blast around in. The truck may slurp up the gas a little more and isnt near as much fun to drive, but is more useful and probably a little cheaper to insure and maintain. I'm stuck here :frantics:

I drove the Mini, and it had good acceleration, great steering response and handling, just a fun little rig to blast around in. The truck may slurp up the gas a little more and isnt near as much fun to drive, but is more useful and probably a little cheaper to insure and maintain. I'm stuck here :frantics:

Sounds like your in quite a pickle. Good luck deciding! lol

Well unless you plan on the 620 to be a part hauler/ worker, and all you plan on doing is commuting, the the cooper is it.

If you get the Frontier please don't ever consider getting this canopy!

sport-nissan-navara-top.jpg

Um, I kinda like that. Different for sure but kinda has that original Hummer look to it.

If you are purely looking for a dd, I would say go with the Mini. The Frontier does win out in terms of utility though (ie camping, carrying large objects, etc) but if those factors are not being considered, the Mini wins in my book.

Well... yeah, that's why I did :blink:, both are decent vehicles but you're thinkin Frontier huh?

Yessir. I'd rather have the comfort and function of the Frontier, 4 wheel drive, bed for hauling, towing capacity, price, easier/less expensive to work on.. I can write a longer list, but I don't think you need me to do that.

Given the two choices, I personally would choose the Nissan over the Mini.

Hmm.. I'd still go with the Nissan for the other reasons.

I haven't found British, or many other European cars for that matter, to be Tech-friendly... More of a luxury that you pay someone else to work on. I do all my own wrenching, so I will almost always err on the side of friendly, sensible engineering.

Guest DatsuNoob

Hmm.. I'd still go with the Nissan for the other reasons.

I haven't found British, or many other European cars for that matter, to be Tech-friendly... More of a luxury that you pay someone else to work on. I do all my own wrenching, so I will almost always err on the side of friendly, sensible engineering.

Fair enough. I checked under the hood, and it actually looked pretty user friendly, but I hear ya. Japanese stuff tends to be more simple, inexpensive, and easier to work on. The mini's replacement parts are actually pretty reasonable. I checked out autozone's website and saw that things arent really too spency for a Mini. I dunno. I'll have a 620 ready SOMEDAY :rolleyes: , then 2 trucks, but unless I find something to drive soon, the truck just sits in a dusty garage not getting anything done to it :( I've never owned anything I considered really fun to drive unless you count a GTI, which was just OK. I've owned plenty of boring vehicles and honestly I'm kinda tired of being bored behind the wheel. I appreciate everyone's input here

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah, I know, it's not easy. I know the "grown-up choice" says Frontier, but the fun side of me says let's have a little fun with the driving experience. I'm really on the fence, I'll have to sleep on it. Thx again for the input

You can pick up 350Zs for around 9 to 10k now... just gotta look. :)

What happened to finding a $800 basic cheap car!? wow, those are expensive in comparison.

A truck is useful that's for sure, but mostly if you own a house or buy and sell furniture on Craigslist a lot :D hehe

I'd go for the Mini for sure and not an 'S' model either. They have about the same mpg as a Z but far less power. Just go all economy on that one.

Also, the Mini is BMW made and their 4-cyl engines are very reliable.

Also, the Mini is BMW made and their 4-cyl engines are very reliable.

I don't like the BMW for no other reason than when it actually does break (they are reliable though), it's not going to be cheap to fix it. Personally I'd rather have the S JCW if I was laying out anything close to 13k for one.

Either way I'd still rather have the truck over the BMW. The frontier is a handy little dude.