Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jester there is a cool way to solve the licence plate light issue.....there called lite n bolts....its the two top bolts that hold the plate on and they have leds in them ...way cool i got them but far from install...but phil does and they look sweet...you could probably get him to post pic.....you can get them at any bike shop(pro cailber) they run 30.00 :cool:

Not sure what the tach is from. It was in there when I got it. It is hot glued to what I think is the stock filler piece for that hole.

Today I got the choke dialed in, and adjusted the carb itself. Looks like I need to go up a size or two on the idle jet. It runs best about 1 1/4 turns off the bottom. I figured being a 32/36 I would have to go down for the little L16.

I also pulled the thermostat housing off to find NO thermostat. rolleyes.gif I did find a crap load of gasket sealer though. Put in a new 180 deg and guess what....WE HAVE HEAT!!! By the way, how many speeds is there suppose to be for the fan. I have what looks like low, med, and high. The high doesn't work at all on high. So, I think that was part of my thinking it didn't work at all.

I HAVE to figure out the fuel guage. I ran out of gas today on the way to my sons basketball game. Of coarse it was the maiden voyage with the whole family. My wife REALLY likes the wagon now. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks Corey. My water temp guage does't work either. I noticed that the wiring schematic shows them getting power from the same place so that is my project for today. I am more concerned with not knowing how hot the car is running than I am about the amount of gas in it.

Thanks Corey. My water temp guage does't work either. I noticed that the wiring schematic shows them getting power from the same place so that is my project for today. I am more concerned with not knowing how hot the car is running than I am about the amount of gas in it.

Hey Jes dont waste your time on the temp gauge I worked on getting mine working in my first 510 forever and it never read correctly...always said I was running HOT so I spent $35 bucks on a mechanical temp gauge so I was sure it was running cool, well worth the piece of mind

Clayton

Man, I wish I could drive mine enough to run out of gas. Are the pics of the wiring "before" shots? The leftover spark-retard (dual point) could be deleted pretty easily. I need to do the same thing. Is that red wire tapped into the coil for an electric choke? If so, you may want to find another source. Most carb manufacturers specifically warn against that. I can't believe no one gave you shit about the Honda key on your keyring :P .

Not sure what the tach is from. It was in there when I got it. It is hot glued to what I think is the stock filler piece for that hole.

Today I got the choke dialed in, and adjusted the carb itself. Looks like I need to go up a size or two on the idle jet. It runs best about 1 1/4 turns off the bottom. I figured being a 32/36 I would have to go down for the little L16.

I also pulled the thermostat housing off to find NO thermostat. rolleyes.gif I did find a crap load of gasket sealer though. Put in a new 180 deg and guess what....WE HAVE HEAT!!! By the way, how many speeds is there suppose to be for the fan. I have what looks like low, med, and high. The high doesn't work at all on high. So, I think that was part of my thinking it didn't work at all.

I HAVE to figure out the fuel guage. I ran out of gas today on the way to my sons basketball game. Of coarse it was the maiden voyage with the whole family. My wife REALLY likes the wagon now. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That's cool you got a thermostat in there, and got some heat going. Since your heater fan works on other speeds, my first thought on that would be a broken resistor, or maybe the switch has a bad position.

Jeremiah said he saw you on the freeway the other day with rain pouring down. Do your wipers work? Looking good keep it up.

btw, I think you should get some more stuff working on that thing before you take you wife for any more rides :D

Got the new brake parts installed today. I kept the new wheel cylinders off for now. The old ones work just fine so I didn't see a point of throwing new parts on that I didn't need right now.

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

mmmmmm, yummy

DSC00075.jpg

New stuff installed and waiting for the paint on the drums to dry.

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

Figured since I have all this great stopping power I could add a couple more HP to the car. biggrin.gif

DSC00078.jpg

McGiver stopped by and helped me do up a temp. license plate light.

DSC00079.jpg

Isn't that what a driveway should look like??

DSC00080.jpg

nice that the thermostat worked!

donr forget to clean out the cowl drain!!!

I asked Kiz if he had one since he has the chrome piece for sale.

We'll see. If any of you guys with goons are interested in trading my rear hatch's I have one that has the license plate lights shaved. I guess he thought it would be cool to get pulled over a lot.

i claimed the handle, if you NEED it, ill sell for 2X what i paid!

:P j/k... its yours if you need it!

leave it shaved!

liteNbolts for the plate lights. never been pulled over for it!

is mcgyver allow to mod the plate? not legal here...

i may have that missing corner trim on the LR cargo window.

do you have the piece between the body & bumper, attached to the body? i have one avail if so.

On the rear hatch, I have the chrome that goes back there just no the piece the chrome mounts to. I think the PO has it somewhere along with the chrome for the LR window. He is looking. I have the rear bumper filler panel too. It's just looked like crap without the bumper on there. My back bumper has been hit. As did the back of the car. Oh well.

I forgot about cleaning the cowl out. Good call. Thanks.