Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Because I have no job. BUT, I do have a house that will sleep 4 people, a dog and a cat better than the mighty goon. Want it to stay in the family, buy it. If you can't buy it tell your buddy to buy it. I don't care. I just need to keep the lights on.

Not trying to be pissy, I just don't WANT to sell my wagon.

• 3 months later...

Wow!!!! I know I said this would be a slow moving project, but, HOLY CRAP! It's been almost a year that my wagon has been down. That sucks. Work has led me to get creative on this thing. I decided to dig into the original L16 a little further. The bearings in the lower end have been replaced in the past. Still stock sizing. Just too many miles on the car to be factory, very little wear on the timing chain tensioner and guides. I did pull the crank out and look at all the main and rod journals. They were great. While the crank was out I Pulled two pistons to see how the rings looked too. Not stuck so I put them back in and am just going to assume that the other two are equally OK. I pulled the oil pump apart and checked it out. No shavings or wear. I just couldn't find any reason NOT to put this little sucker back together. SO, I put my newly acquired U67 head on my L16 with a fresh $2.00 FelPro head gasket. Funny story on that one. I did pop for a new set of timing cover gaskets and some new main seals.

My daughter and I didn't want to waste a beautiful day today so we got to work. We managed to get the engine in place and everything hooked up. I need to pick up a new gasket for the header pipe, some oil and a filter. HOPEFULLY it will be running tomorrow after church.

2011-01-29123640.jpg

2011-01-29123653.jpg

My lovely assistant. I have a great kid.

2011-01-29133128.jpg

2011-01-29135547_Jefferson_Oregon_US.jpg

Thanks. Being on a VERY tight budget, I just used what was in the garage and it happen to be red. My daughter commented that it didn't match the color of the car. Joked about pulling it back out and painting the car too so it wouldn't be pink. She doesn't appreciate patina.

I'm not going to mess with the paint until it's time to start the paint work. The PO used red primer when he shaved all the lights. If I was to wax out all the oxidation, it would really look like crap. I am thinking of putting a rising sun on the roof. rolleyes.gif

It is ready to fire. I am waiting on my paycheck this week to get a case of oil, 2 filters, coolant and an exhaust flange gasket. I know it seems like a petty amount of money, but I just don't have it.

And yes, I AM STOKED TO BE ABLE TO KEEP IT!

• 2 weeks later...

IT IS ALIVE!!!!

After finally figuring out that the fuel pump decided to take a dump and that I had the distributor off two teeth, she is alive. Later tonight I'll take it for a test drive and make sure everything is up to a drive to work on Monday. Got to get cleaned up for company right now.

..." SO, I put my newly acquired U67 head on my L16 with a fresh $2.00 FelPro head gasket. Funny story on that one. I did pop for a new set of timing cover gaskets and some new main seals"....

2 bucks???

Must be a good story....please enlighten us :D

I took my son to a reuse it center for home projects so HE could buy his sister a new shade for her light he broke. I noticed they had a section with a crap load of gaskets. I started going through the head gaskets and found what I was sure was an L series gasket. Made a call to car quest and has them run the number for me. Sure enough, L20B. $2.00 SCORE!!!!