Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

Been playing with my wheels I got from Jesusno2. I ended up using some brush on paint remover to take all the black paint off. Then I started the sanding process. As of tonight I have two wheels done. Started with 220, 320, 600, polish, 1000, polish, polish.

They are not perfect, but, will look a LOT better than what I have now.

2011-05-04000405_Jefferson_Oregon_US.jpg

2011-05-04003554_Jefferson_Oregon_US.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I am taking a break on the other two. My finger tips are soar as hell. That is a lot of hand sanding. When I get the other two done I'll get the centers painted with some medium shade of gun metal. Should work just fine.

Ya I see why. There is one that looks like it was on Helen Kellers car that she learned how to parallel park in. Eperly said he could weld up the curb rash and throw it on the lathe to fix it. I love that guy. biggrin.gif Then I get to sand some more.

Thinking I may use a dark grey Hammered finish on the centers.

I think shiny black would have set it off more, but dont know how it would have looked on your car. I love that polished lip man. omnomnom...

Take tire off car, put rim on, get another photo for us to evaluate :lol:

I was going to use black. Everyone seems to be into black centered wheels right now. I wanted something a little different. Besides, I think this will look good with the color scheme I have planned.

I SHOULD have the front two mounted on new struts this weekend. Then I'll post a couple more.

I was going to use black. Everyone seems to be into black centered wheels right now. I wanted something a little different. Besides, I think this will look good with the color scheme I have planned.

I SHOULD have the front two mounted on new struts this weekend. Then I'll post a couple more.

True man, black wheels with polished lip is like a black rattle canned datsun. They're everywhere. Good to be different.

FINALLY got my struts today and got them on. YEE HAA!!!!

When I finished the first side and looked at the other side and noticed how much difference there was in how much droop there was, it made me laugh.

Here is a before and after just on the amount of droop I lost.

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

And of coarse all done and sitting on her new wheels. I know I only have two painted but I couldn't help myself. It only dropped it 3/4" for now. My rear springs are so worn out that it actually look OK. When I get the rearend done the way I want I'll add some B210 top hats to bring it down some more.

IMAG0006.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yesterday I decided I am tiered of not having my marker lights. Figured it would be easier to open the holes on the front fenders than the rear quarters. SO...................

I proceeded to pull the front fenders

IMAG0108.jpg

and hose off all the crap that was stacked up on the inner fender wells.

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

When I went to look at the back of the fenders, the previous owner had KINDA did it the right way. He seal welded the piece of metal from the back side. BUT, in the process, warped the shit out of the fenders. DANG IT!!!!!!!

IMAG0109.jpg

And of coarse I managed to break every damn bolt on the passenger side fender EXCEPT the two on the front core support. The two at the base of the A pillar will be fun.

IMAG0112.jpg

I managed to get the cowl drains cleaned out, scraped off some of the under coating at the firewall looking for rust (none to be found) and painted them back up with just some shake-n-shoot. It was still a good day to work on the datto.

And of coarse I managed to break every damn bolt on the passenger side fender EXCEPT the two on the front core support. The two at the base of the A pillar will be fun.

IMAG0112.jpg

Have fun with those bolts, just remember that it is better than wiring. :D

• 4 months later...

Not really anything to update. Just wanted to post some info for future reference.

Wagon rear end width from mounting surface of drum, 52 13/16"

Springs were at 37 1/4" center to center

Mounting surface @ drum to rear wheel well face was 6 1/2"

Mounting surface @ drum to the outer step for the door seal was 2 7/8"

Frame rail width at rear of car was 34 7/8"........I should have measured @ at the rear housing too.

I'll do that next time I have it up in the air.