Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Z22 block and crank, L16/24 rods with forged KA pistons and O-ringed to handle the boost. Head will be a closed chamber W58 with the exhaust heat shields removed. I chose this head because I'm going to build my own header and figured it would be easier to make the 1 5/8" primary tubes to mate up the 1 5/8" round ports. Port work on the head will mainly be just to un shroud the valves, gasket match the intake and such. Because I plan to keep the cam close to the stock L20B cam, Z car valves will allow more air/fuel into the combustion chamber.

EDIT: I will not be using the L16/24 rods. That would have put my static at about 4.5:1. I will stay with the Z22S rods for a static of 8.2:1.

Perfect example of why you should CONTINUE to ask questions and do your research instead of going with one persons opinion. MY BAD!

I will probably see where its at when I fire it up. Would like to see about 10 pounds boost to start with. See how long its going to be before I have to put together a 7.5" Ford rearend on a four link.

Cast pistons and 10lbs boost your pushing it jes.

testing it i would say ...pushing it when its to late and all u got is bang bang bang... i pushed it in my jet boat had to row back to launch....bang bang bang was to much to try and ide back... espcially when the rod looked like this

edit photobucket is pissing me the fuck off imgine a bbf rod bent n a circle ...as soon as photobucket stops being a bitch i will show ...maybe

Cast pistons and 10lbs boost your pushing it jes.

You think so? I am finding guys on KA-T.org that are pushing their cars too 12+ with a stock piston. Now if you figure they are starting with an average of 9:1 static, I should be OK to 10# with a static of 8.2:1.

IDK, I am having a blast looking into turbo shit though. There is a LOT of shit to consider. Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming.

Well it comes down to, that some of those 240sx douche bags dont give a fuck and just blow shit up. think of it this way Nissan engineered their turbo motors with GOOD cast pistons to stay alive at 5psi for 100k + miles. If I was building a turbo motor from scratch, with no idea what the boost actually is set at or if it creeps like a subaru wrx turbo does. I would use forged pistons every time. 5 to 7 lbs is all i would push into a factory set of turbo nissan pistons. Your gonna get detination and all kinds of lean rich mixtures through trying to tune the thing.