Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

I was coming home from work in Salem and passed MicroMachinery on Mission st. It was kinda funny. I seen his truck and I thought, "I know that truck!" I looked at the driver and he was checking out the goon. As his phone started ringing he sent me a text. biggrin.gif

Glad to see your driving the truck Bro. What were you doing in Salem?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. The car is running much better now and I want to turn my attention to the front suspension/brakes. I have been looking for the last hour on ratsun for the best offset rim to run on the back of my wagon. Keep in mind I would like to lower the wagon no more than 1 1/2" ---2". It will be a daily driver that WILL see a VG in it's future.

I figured I would start with finding a 15" or 16" rim with the right offset to fill the rear wheel wells without causing issues, then, with this rim in mind, deciding which front struts would be best suited.

Any thoughts or advise?

depends on if you want to run a staggered set up or same front and rear... I have seen a 16x7 +10 - +22 front (depending on struts)and a 16x8 rear with a +15 - +30 rear

you would have to roll the rears and you may rub a bit on the inner wheel well when going into a driveway at an angle when the rear articulates (mine rub a bit 16x7 +22) but my buddys wgon had Blitz wheels on his with a 16x8 +30 I think with 225/45-16 and was about as low as you wanna go and had no issues

Clayton

I would like to keep the wheel/tire sizes all the same so I can still rotate. I know I have the '91-'94 Nissan 240sx wheels in 15"X7". I just don't know the back spacing on them. I have about 3/8" before contacting the wheel lip and I rub a little on the inner well when backing into my driveway. That is the only time I have ever heard them rub.

I need to pull one off and see what my back spacing is. Just not sure how much the issue will change with a 16" wheel and a 50 series tire in 205 or 215.

I run 15 x 6 zx snowflakes and they tuck well with no fender mods and zx front struts and coilovers. They fill the fenders perfectly but I don't think I could fit much more without changing a few things. Not sure of the offset but I'm sure someone around here does.

zx snow flakes and the swazis are +10 ive been told. I had to roll the fender lips with my swazis on my goon but it has tall 60 series tires. I have zx stuts also.

I pulled a rear wheel off to do some measuring. From the face of the drum, i have 6" of available space behind and just over 2" in front. If I could push it out about 3/8" I would be good. I found some details inside the webbing of the wheel.

Does that 40 mean it's a plus 40??

2011-02-20163157.jpg

You can see the amount of rubbing going on here. Apparently more than I thought.

2011-02-20163224.jpg

2011-02-20163244.jpg

If in running shape, the dual mikuni setup is worth the $500

I was coming home from work in Salem and passed MicroMachinery on Mission st. It was kinda funny. I seen his truck and I thought, "I know that truck!" I looked at the driver and he was checking out the goon. As his phone started ringing he sent me a text. biggrin.gif

Glad to see your driving the truck Bro. What were you doing in Salem?

I was out in Turner at the wrecking yard. I wanted to stop by Z Therapy, but ran out of time and had to head back home for work. Good to see you swoopin' the goon. :cool:

Anyone interested in buying a Z24, just needs a carb? Lol

I know the other two are cores. The 5 speeds are both good. I could sell one and keep the other, swap on a diff front half and put it in the goon. I REALLY want those Mikunis!

So what do you guys think a core Z22 and L20 are worth? Does $50 a piece for the engines sound unreasonable? How about a Z series 5 speed? No idea on this one. I know it only has 118K on it. NO metal on the magnetic plug or shiny stuff in the oil.

So what do you guys think a core Z22 and L20 are worth? Does $50 a piece for the engines sound unreasonable? How about a Z series 5 speed? No idea on this one. I know it only has 118K on it. NO metal on the magnetic plug or shiny stuff in the oil.

Don't know on the 'demand' in your locale....but here....a good Z22 core is worth more than the L.

Well if ya get the z trans you can bolt up a ka to it! I just don't see the point of messing with carbs and hybrid motors anymore when ka's out preform even built ones in most cases. Dollar for dollar the ka is a far superior motor and fuel injection. I like carbs but man their hardly worth messin with anymore.

I guess I was wrong on the two core engines. The Z22 is a core BUT the other is actually the Z20 that was running in his truck when he picked up the Z24. It is only missing the head because it is now on the Z24.

I hear you Luke. I just want something RIGHT NOW and this is too good to pass up. How often do find a deal like this WITH a pair of Mikuni PHH 44's?

Hey man what ever floats your boat those side drafts are a lot of trouble and really are tempamental bastards especially in cold weather poppin spittin lousy mileage. But I do agree they are cool. 500 bucks will buy ya a ka motorset also.

500 bucks for a used KA.....and then?

Lets not forget about the cost of the swap.

I'd rather have a built 'period correct' NA/carbed LZ and or under my hood than a KA.

But...what ever floats your boat..... :D

The cost of the swap is a factor. But the cost just from swaping l motors can be high and a rebuilt L motor at that. It all kinda even outs in the end if your doing it right and not some hack job. You can do a ka swap fairly cheap really if you have the right tools for those that don't, it does get spendy

500 bucks for a used KA.....and then?

Lets not forget about the cost of the swap.

I'd rather have a built 'period correct' NA/carbed LZ and or under my hood than a KA.

But...what ever floats your boat..... :D

I have a built lz2.2 in Lisas car and it made awesome power (155whp and 151trq) but heres the thing it would cost about $3500 (Rebello Head is anywhere from $900-$1300) to build this engine again and thats not including the Mikunis thats another $750 with an intake granted this is on the high end of the spectrum but to be honest as fun as it is in the summer its kinda hard to drive the carbs dont like heat and because of the compression I have to run premium fuel, now take a bone stock twin cam KA strip all the smog shit off of it put a good header on it and make the exact same power and more torque on regular fuel and get way better drivability and reliability out of it and the gas milage will be over all better also. Just because its in my girlfriends car I would say if I had to do it over again I would probably put a KA or a N/A SR for her but for now the 2.2 is staying

Clayton