Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

Well, fellow Ratsuners, I officially sold my truck to 69FJWwagon. I am going to look at a wagon tomorrow morning in Salem. Here is a CL add for it. Sounds pretty good. I talked to the guy on the phone and he said it is a runner that just needs the head and tail lights put back on to make it legal. He pulled them to start doing the body work and thats as far as he got before putting it on the back burner.

Wish me luck.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!! frantics.giffrantics.gifThis thing is in great shape. The only rust I could find was under the rear cargo mat at the very back. Floor boards and rear wheel wells are awesome. The only interior panel it is missing is the rear hatch. Perfect headliner. Oh ya, the front bumper is straight too.biggrin.gif

I am on my way to pick it up in just a few minutes. Waiting for my ride to get here...........Wish he would hurry the heck up. Picks later today.

This thing is too dang much fun. It has all the chrome in the back. He even had all the parts to redo the rear brakes. New drums, wheel cylinders and soft lines for front and back. Of coarse I do have a set of Beebani's rear brake brakets for disks. hmmmmmm???

So what is with the heaters in these things. I was going to search but since Luke and Skib brought it up. Mine does not work.

This thing is too dang much fun. It has all the chrome in the back. He even had all the parts to redo the rear brakes. New drums, wheel cylinders and soft lines for front and back. Of coarse I do have a set of Beebani's rear brake brakets for disks. hmmmmmm???

So what is with the heaters in these things. I was going to search but since Luke and Skib brought it up. Mine does not work.

ya jester that is a sweet wagoon......i got a parts car so i got heater parts

No heater geez what a suprise! Ha ha the heater suck! I rebuilt mine and sealed it even has new defrost hoses etc still sucks! Oh btw jasons brackets don't work on goon axles that's why I make brackets for rear disc wagons that actually fit! Jasons are for trucks the axles are different.

I need to do some looking into the heater. Time to get the trouble light out. I started at the fuses and there is power to both sides so I need to dig a little deeper. It has been frosty the last couple days so I will need it for a little while anyway. The guy also shaved all the side markers and license plate lights. He gave them all with the car but the holes are all filled in.

I asked Bleach to move this to the "Project" section so I didn't have to start another thread. I promise to do a better job of keeping you guys updated as to what's going on. My truck was just so fun I forgot to take good pictures as I went. I plan to do this one a little different.

I just want to say right now, this is going to be a fairly slow project. I have not worked in 6 months and have ABSOLUTELY no money to put into this thing. With that said, it will be my new daily driver, so it will get quite a bit of attention just nothing real radical till I can justify it. I have some ideas in mind though.

The heater does work. As Jesus#2 and I talked about tonight, it's just not very good. I had to have the car off before I could even hear it. And the wagon has a nice quite, stock exhaust. I did find a thermostat in one of the boxes of parts so I think I'll pop that open and see if there is one in there. I also need to locate a heater control cable. The one for the floor/defrost is broke. I'll just move it by hand for now.

I got all the chrome except the rocker panels put back on. I am missing the rear corner piece at the back window on the passenger side and the mount for the rear hatch chrome. I asked Kiz if he had one since he has the chrome piece for sale. We'll see. If any of you guys with goons are interested in trading my rear hatch's I have one that has the license plate lights shaved. I guess he thought it would be cool to get pulled over a lot. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out here and see.