Wagon for Jester?????

Jester

My goon total width is 53 Inches thats from clear out on the pilot to pilot. Building some toyota diffs to swap into wagons.

But the wheels don't sit on the axle, they sit on the drums. I should have measured the width from the axle flange too.

What rear end are you starting with?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same width as a wagon axle is. I can go narrower but not any wider cause I cant narrow the shaft enough to get their. But I have a secret weapon to get me to the wagon width. making these axles isnt very cheap but what options ya got that small and fits under a stock floored wagon. We also narrowed one for the 521.

I am currently looking into the Ford 7.5. A '79-'93 Mustang rear is 57". Easily narrowed and a lsd through Summit is a mere $200. And there should be enough of them out there that have been swapped out in favor of the bulky 8.8

Yea I'm just not a fan of C clip axles and non drop out 3rds I dunno what size shafts the 7.5 have but yota shafts are just over 1 1/4 and 30 spline will stand up to just about any amount of power you wanna put to it. stock common ratio of 4.10 add a v6 third and its even stronger,. Any diff swap narrowing etc is gonna be expensive no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple projects done Saturday that have been long over due. I had installed a pair of later 620 shoulder belts in my wagon and wasn't too happy with the factory spot for the original shoulder loop. So, lets get started.

As it looked before I started.

IMAG0199-1.jpg

After removing the B pillar head liner material, I prepped the area for welding.

IMAG0200-1.jpg

Then I drilled a hole in the B pillar to accept the nut that I tig welded onto a piece of 12 gauge sheet metal.

IMAG0201.jpg

I had planned on taking a picture after tig welding the new mounts, but, my phone decided to die. So I did it today after washing the car.

IMAG0206.jpg

I have a roof section from one of the trucks I parted out that I am going to steel some material from to make some new B pillar covers. But, for now, this will work as a final.

IMAG0207.jpg

I also tore apart an old ignition switch and swapped the tumbler keys from my 510 switch into it. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS THAT WAS! If anyone decides to take a key tumbler apart to clean it or rekey your own ignition switch, make sure you keep the tumbler keys in the correct order when your done cleaning them.

I wish I had taken pictures of this project. It was amazing how worn the brass had become. I actually took a small ball peen hammer and flattened the brass back down. It had worn enough to push the brass out one side. I also filled the tumbler keys lightly after re installing to make sure there were no sharp spots to catch on the key way inside the cylinder. A little dry graphite for lube and she works like new. I now have my key mounted in the dash instead of the column.

IMAG0208.jpg

Just read through your thread, nice wagon project and some really cool thinking outside the box, really like the ignition switch in the radio bezel, I just hate how the stock location is on the left of the steering....I guess I need to get over here on Ratsun more often, just look at all the good stuff I'm missing out on!! thanks for the cool read!!

....side note: when removing a fender for the first time, just tighten the bolts till they break off, then twist them out from the other end when the fenders off....works like a champ and it's much easier than drilling them out.

• Like 1

....side note: when removing a fender for the first time, just tighten the bolts till they break off, then twist them out from the other end when the fenders off....works like a champ and it's much easier than drilling them out.

THAT is funny. I will definitely try that next time. I usually turn them in just a little, spray them with PB Blaster, let it sit a while and then work them out slowly. Didn't work this time.

I still need to fix the bottom fender bolts behind the front tire. I had them coming out.........till they broke. I was going to drill them. I can't seem to be able to reach what is left of the bolts. Figured since they started to come out that maybe with some drilling action, they will go back in like your saying.

I also put my new calipers on the front tonight and adjusted the rear drums. I have had the calipers sitting in the garage for about 2 months now. Didn't want to rush it or anything.

Definitely took your sweet time there! :lol: Do you still have the 510 struts?

Yea, the bottom one you have to be very gentle with, PB works good too, pull the interior kick panel and spray some on the inside too, I was talking break off the top row, the bottom and door jamb needs to come out carefully. Also use a 1/4 drive ratchet and it will help limit the torque you will put on the bottom one, unlike a bigger 3/8 drive, sometimes you don't realize how much you are twisting them.

+1 For excellent tech tip.

I think I'm getting the hang of the rep thing :lol:

2eDeYe' date='07 February 2012 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1328636075' post='628685']

+1 For excellent tech tip.

I think I'm getting the hang of the rep thing :lol:

Rep works like this:

+1 Anything good/smart

-1 Honduhs and retards.

-874326583265 Siempreloco always.

cool.gif

laugh.gif

• 4 months later...

Well, I haven't done a whole lot that can be seen on this car lately. This little car has been so awesome that all I need is to keep gas and oil in it and just drive the shit out of it.

This Mothers day, I bought a '02 Dodge pickup to take care of the daily duties of going to work, making the wagon available for modifications that I have been wanting to do. So, my search for a front half of a dime as a test bed is over. I'm going to use mine.

With all that, let me show you guys what I have been up to.

Picked up this little TEO4 from a Mitzubishi. Still trying to get the inner cooler from the same car.

IMAG0278.jpg

In preperation for the 90mm KA pistons, Z22S rods and O-ringed block, I decided to race prep the entire block. This was about 3 hours into the task.

IMAG0275.jpg

This is about 15 hours of work.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

My plan for the fuel system consists of a '84 200SX CA20 ECU and harness. I may talk to a buddy of mine about making me a custom intake. I will be designing my own header as well.

No real destination on power other than building it and seeing what comes of it. Should be fun with about 10 pounds of boost though.