My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon as always your work is clean!! Love the front coilovers! Hows the bed work coming?

Thanks. Work is pretty much non existant. I havent had the time to get going on it. I want to have the rear shocks and metal arches ready to go before I drop it on. I also want to have the bed primed.

• 1 month later...

Ok Ok. There I was the other day at the J/Y and low and behold there sitting in the picked over carcass of a Corvair are these two struts. I couldent tell you what they came out of only that their dimensions are 8.25" closed and 11.50" open. They work great and no more hood prop rod.

(although some of you are WAY to observant..........Red you know who you are!)

hoodstruts002.jpg

hoodstruts001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
how about a close up pic of the strut so we can read the brand and any other info.....that would go a long ways toward finding it :)

It says....SHOWA 5A27......and the rest is in Heirogliphics but I will take a close up for you old blind guys. :D

Brandon i saw a set of those on Johns wagon last week & i wanna say he told me they were off a Jeep cherokee hatch. Any size could be used, the difference would be the mounting points.

Agreed. These just looked so good laying there with so little work to be done (none) to remove them! They almost look like they are off of a trunk of something since thay are so short?

Fineline,

I just took over an hour and a half to read your thread.

I actually googled intercooler and found this thread - quite cool. I like the fact that you've done the bulk of the work on your own. I'm a senior member of the 510 club of BC, have been part of the club exec in one form or another since the early 90's - I'm a 510 guy through and through, however I've owned a few 620's over the years, and one very cool one does stand out (another story). However; my main interest in this thread is that I also want to stick with the LZ22 - I've been running them for 15 years, kinda got used to looking at that L cover, and I want to go turbo . My story backs up to the early 90's when I decided to make a pattern and cast my own L series EFI manifolds (just some crazy idea I dreamed up as a machinist apprentice) witht eh prospect of one day turbo EFIing my 510