• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob
Whats the old saying?

"If it wont go dont force it!"

Can you move the lower mount out any?

The saying goes, "If it doesn't fit, get a hammer and force it, if it breaks, you needed a new one anyway :D"

The saying goes, "If it doesn't fit, get a hammer and force it, if it breaks, you needed a new one anyway :D"

"And if you dont break it with the first hammer get a bigger hammer."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys been a while. Been out of town and put in a pool for the wife and kids. Unfortunately that means the truck has been neglected for now. Good news is the kids love the new pool.

Heres where i'm at. I took the header off to fix an exhaust leak. I had the flanges trued then sent the header and turbo snail out for a ceramic coating. Both of which are sitting in nice plastic bags in my shop waiting for me to put them back on. Im hoping to get to them in the next couple of weeks but we all know how plans work out!

I will be sure to get some pics up as soon as I get them.

It should cut spool time, help efficiency and lower under hood temps.

Really bad ass truck, I just found and read the whole thread. I like what you did with the IC, inventive.

Edited by 72240z
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

OK. Got to the truck finally. I bolted up the header, turbo, and intake.The ceramic coating looks great and will definately clean up the underhood a bit. I installed and torqued down the head and re-attached the cam.

Its amazing how much dust accumulates when something sits for a few months!

ceramic002.jpg

ceramic001.jpg

• Like 1

O.K. Got a little more done today. I have about a half hours worth of work to go and its back on the road. I got all of the electronics hooked back up, fuel system, cooling, exhaust, etc. All I have to do tomorrow is hook up all of the IC piping and fill the radiator. Its going to be great to get it back on the road thats for sure!

• Like 1
Beauty Fineline! You make me really want to skip the VHT rattlecan header paint for my exhaust manifold, and send them out to get jet coated.

I have sprayed headrers in the past and they ALWAYS peel after a month or so. I only now got to the ceramic coating because I wanted to make sure everything was going to work since it was all fabricated. If you have the time and $ ceramic is definately the way to go!

• Like 1