My 73 620-T

Fineline

that is bad as Fuck! im gettin ready to turbo my 78 620... im leaving it carbureted and i have a t3/t4 turbo i got off a volvo... im hoping to have it done in about a month but we will c.... did u make the exhaust manifold ur self?

Yeah. I made the flanges myself and used weld el's.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, are you still driving that thing to work?:)

Every now and then. With gas the way it is im riding my mountain bike and taking BART! Milage isnt bad as long as I keep my foot out of it................So the gas mileage pretty much sucks.

Well since you asked, my truck took a few steps back on friday. Unfortunately I was rear ended on friday by a Dodge Durango. It took some moderate damage to the bed which will have to be replaced but no biggie. The major bummer is he hit me hard enough to break the battery hold down and toss it onto the inner fender. The battery grounded out an smoked the 10g groung wires that grounded the ECU and other things. I was on my way home to pack up and take the kids camping so I havent had time to survey the damage yet. I got it home on the back of a flatbed, pushed it into the driveway, packed up my other truck, and left. Im at work for the next two days so it will be Wednesday before I get to look at it.

If theres anybody in the SF bay area with a spare bed im looking? Of course I will pay and pick it up. At least this gives me the reason to notch the rear frame while I have the bed off.

I will post up some pics when I get home on Wednesday. Let me also add that the disk brakes saved my ass. When the guy hit me it pushed me foreward twords a minivan. If I had the stock drums theres no doubt in my mind that I would have hit him. The disks stoped me without problem!

That is some bad news. On my vacuum scale of sucking... that sucks about negative 10 Barr.

I have had my share of accidents recently and I don't really know how to think about stuff like this. Were you lucky that you didn't get hurt or killed? Yeah. Were you lucky to get in an accident? No! It's just a huge waste of time and energy. Bad luck. Hard to see any up side.

I learned my lesson well. I got so screwed by insurance companies here is the plan. The next time I get touched by another vehicle, I'm calling 911 and get cops and and ambulance. I'm not going to move until they put me in an ambulance and take me to the ER. I'm going to complain about every thing that I can and say everything hurts everywhere. I can't breath, and my head hurts, my neck hurts, my back hurts, my dick hurts!!! I'm going to ring up the biggest medical bill I possibly can. I'm going to milk it for every last cent.

Don't even give me any crap about fraud. I'll tell you about fraud. I got set up by two cars and rear ended a third car. I was going 28 MPH and the driver didn't have a green card, license or insurance, but she still took my insurance company for $36K. The first thing I ask her was are you OK? She said I'm OK. I said I'm calling 911 and she said, NO, NO, NO! Just give me your info. Somebody else called and the CHP and a fire truck with paramedics rolled to the scene. At that point, I didn't have any contact with her again. I found out about the settlement two years later when I was trying to change insurance carriers on my motorcycles.

I feel bad about all the frustration and time you are going to waste trying to get money out of this deal. Insurance companies are the biggest crooks. I hope it works out for you in the end.

Bad luck...

The bed and tailgate actually held up pretty well. I had some cancer in the front of the bed where pine needles held water for the 15 years it sat under a tree. It displaced the hinges up about 3 inches and broke the bolts off one of the latches. Amazingly enough the tail lights didnt get touched. I should have a better idea about Canby Wednesday but I cant see not making it. Hell I made the harness from the firewall out so it shouldent be too tough to repair. Hopefully thats all it is. I have to run some diagnostics on the ECU as well to make sure it didnt get damaged. All of this is being typed one handed because the other one is knocking on wood!

The rear notch is going to be a simple one I hope. All I plan to do is take some 4" pipe and notch the frame, weld in the pipe, and gusset it to give me another 2" or so clearance. Right now the swaybar will hit every once in a while.

Hard to see any up side.

What do you mean no up side. He gets to put a better bed on his truck and now has a great excuse to notch his frame. :D

Glad to hear YOU are ok. Even though it's a pain in the ass, the sheet metal can be fixed.

WOW! Brandon.. Glad your OK.

Hopefully all is well under the hood. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Also glad to hear the disc did their job.

Call if I can help.

peace

tc

WOW! Brandon.. Glad your OK.

Hopefully all is well under the hood. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Also glad to hear the disc did their job.

Call if I can help.

peace

tc

Thanks bud. I'll have to hook the Megasquirt to the stim Wed. and see if all is well. Hopefully it just fried the new grounds and didnt melt into anything else. Sucks because the fucker was running so good too!

seems like it runs great or not at all. I figured it was all good cause I hadn't heard from you . Now this. SUX! man.

Just kicking out the gremlins one by one!

O.K. so here are some pics. They dont really look that bad to me but the dudes Durangs was FUCKED up. I ran the computer on the stim today and all looks on the up and up. I may just get out of this with just replacing the bed and some wires! And of course doing all the stuff to the rear end that I wanted to!

accident001.jpg

accident002.jpg

accident003.jpg

accident004.jpg

What damage!!

I see both hinge still there.

Hope that guy has valid insurance or you have coverage for uninsured motorist. I got hit before on my first wagon (totaled) and guy didn't have insurance and I didn't have uninsured motorist coverage. That was a big mistake. At least your ok.

Our JY here in Fremont get's 620's in a regular basis.

More than 521's

We go to the yard once every 2 weeks.

Will keep an eye out.

And there's finders fee :D

Brandon, did the bed get pushed into the cab? If not you can probably get away w/ just replacing the gate & fixing the lower bed corners. Or if the bed is saveable maybe consider doing a tailgate skin / weld it shut. Grant customs still sells the skins...

http://grantkustoms.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=17_34&osCsid=d58f2f53f0d90a502374c7d35907dfdb

no pics on that link but they look like this...

9821.jpg

its for a 521 [pic] but you get the idea.