My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got rain!!!! :)

...ps...sweet exhaust! :)

Thanks Mike! I knew you would point that out. It was dry by the afternoon though:fu:

Yeah it sounds nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If I put my face close enough to the screan it feels like I'm in the truck with you :D

Good thing its winter. No bugs to splat in your teeth!

I was thinkin about getting those BFG's.. how do you like them?

the tread pattern is sick.. I'm somewhat partial to Toyo's but it might just boil down to price?...

I love the look of them but theyre WAY expensive. Not worth it in my opinion. I got theme with the rims.

FALKEN rt615s... for the dry best inexpensive tire for your buck IMO

I agree. Especially if you are running 14's or 15's. Kumho Ecsta MX's are a really good tire in the same price range. Not quite as sticky as the falken's but the tread pattern is a little more forgiving in the rain.

Thanks Mike! I knew you would point that out. It was dry by the afternoon though:fu:

You're welcome!! Gee...it's been the only time I got too!! It's actually been pretty nice here....but I'm sure we'll have rain by the afternoon ! :fu:

Soundin Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I love it when a plan/tune comes together.

I'm moving on to MSII Extra with 16x16 tables.:eek:

wish me luck...

Your a glutton for punishment. Im still trying to figure this crap out. Got a nice 45min datalog today and tweaked the ve tables. I also dropped my max kpa to 200. I had to really richen up the top of the afr table too. Fun times

we need more law breaking video... but your a man of uniform so the "LAW" doesnt really bother you :lol::eek:

If you look really close in the beginning of the second video theres a clip of Fremonts finest at work. I had a nice long burnout planned but Mr. police man killed that idea.

I had a L 28 3 liter stroker with a CT26 (small T4-T4) and it made boost at about 2K, but ran out of breath by about 5 grand. It was fun for making boost right off of a corner or scaring the shit out of unsupecting passengers. The current T67 is a Serious attention getter "once" it spools at about 4000 rpm.

The intake and exhaust on the L20et look like it would flow well at higher rpm, BTW the headwork looks great as well, I would be curious to see how a larger turbo would work with your setup.It all depends on what you want to do with the truck.

I had a L 28 3 liter stroker with a CT26 (small T4-T4) and it made boost at about 2K, but ran out of breath by about 5 grand. It was fun for making boost right off of a corner or scaring the shit out of unsupecting passengers. The current T67 is a Serious attention getter "once" it spools at about 4000 rpm.

The intake and exhaust on the L20et look like it would flow well at higher rpm, BTW the headwork looks great as well, I would be curious to see how a larger turbo would work with your setup.It all depends on what you want to do with the truck.

CT26. Isnt that a Toyota turbo? Sounds like fun. Right now I am just playing around with the thing. After all the fabrication Im stoked to just get it running. I have it limited to 5000 rpm while im tuning it and so far it holds 10lbs right to it. Ive still only got it to a max of 60% throttle! I did some tuning today and hopefully have some of the lean issues worked out. Ill see tomorrow am. Someday down the road I may look into a 3071 or something but Im leary about what the bottom end will hold. I want to get a few dyno runs on this thing before I go and get silly with it.

thats true man, but im sure that bottom end will hold quite a bit.. whats the compression on that thing?? maybe some different rods or pistons later down the road.. crank shold hold fine tho.. maybe upgraded bearings tho.. the l an napz blocks an cranks are pretty tough.. as they should be since they're made from melted down samurai swords

thats true man, but im sure that bottom end will hold quite a bit.. whats the compression on that thing?? maybe some different rods or pistons later down the road.. crank shold hold fine tho.. maybe upgraded bearings tho.. the l an napz blocks an cranks are pretty tough.. as they should be since they're made from melted down samurai swords

Its a z22 crank, l20b rods, Wiseco SR20 forged pistons, O-ringed l20b block, and a copper head gasket. Its at a static compression ratio of 8.0:1.

More than I'll ever admit to. (My wife may be watching) The block was tanked, maged, line honed, torque plate bored, decked, and o-ringed. I have about $1300 in the machine work. That includes all the work to the crank ie. maged, polished, balanced, and also the rods maged, honed, balanced, resized, and bronze bushed. The pistons were around $400 with moly rings. the head has about $500 worth into it. Pressure tested, valve job, stainless valves, springs, custom cam, timing set etc. I lucked out and my machinist showed me how to polish the head. She showed me where to polish and turned me loose. I would bring it back after a few days and seh evaluated my work. This went on for a few weeks but saved me a little money. In hindsight I probably could have build a nice ka or sr but its really cool to watch the look on somebodys face when you pop the hood on a turboed L motor. That and explain to them that with the exception of the machine work I built everything you see in my home shop!:)