My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. 1975 and older are smog exempt.

Keep your eyes and ears open for awhile on that subject.....There is a Bill in the California legislature (sort of dead at the moment for lack of interest, but on the agenda....sort of) to change the smog laws of California...making ALL vehicles (NO MATTER HOW OLD!!) 15 years and older subject to ....ANNUAL.....smog tests!!! YES I DID SAY ANNUAL...as in every year..and yes I did say older than 15 years...SO BOYS and GIRLS...that 33 Ford 3 window coupe or that 56 Chevy you have MIGHT just be lookin at SMOG CHECKS...EVERY YEAR........

We do however have a pretty good lobby in Sacramento..(Hot Rod magazine is in the middle of this for us..) anyway, just a small heads up for ya...:mellow:

Keep your eyes and ears open for awhile on that subject.....There is a Bill in the California legislature (sort of dead at the moment for lack of interest, but on the agenda....sort of) to change the smog laws of California...making ALL vehicles (NO MATTER HOW OLD!!) 15 years and older subject to ....ANNUAL.....smog tests!!! YES I DID SAY ANNUAL...as in every year..and yes I did say older than 15 years...SO BOYS and GIRLS...that 33 Ford 3 window coupe or that 56 Chevy you have MIGHT just be lookin at SMOG CHECKS...EVERY YEAR........

We do however have a pretty good lobby in Sacramento..(Hot Rod magazine is in the middle of this for us..) anyway, just a small heads up for ya...:mellow:

No worries....AB616 passed the assembly but died in the Senate. :).

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62246

No worries....AB616 passed the assembly but died in the Senate. :).

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62246

Thank god. That would have pushed me right out of California. Not much progress today. Got the header and turbo mounted. Theres about 1/4" between the steering column and the turbo. Had to change the drain to a 45 degree to clear the motor mount but other than that its comming along nicely.

turbo005.jpg

turbo004.jpg

2eDeYe;29704']ahhh...computer :cool:

I've sourced a coolant switch to turn on my fan through summit racing. Just keeping my eye out for other options.

I guess you could use any thermo switch. All they do is complete a circuit when they reach a pre-determined temp. Wire it up to the - side of the fan relay and your good to go.

Awesome work Brandon!!! hhmmm.....kinda torn on that bill passing....give you a good reason to move north!! :)

Only you Mike. If I move out of Cali Gresham is the first place im looking! In fact im looking in your neighborhood buddy........right next door.:eek:

I got the intercooler, upper charge pipe and BOV in today. Thanks to Dan for the beads in the pipes. This is just mocked up. I ran out of time to bold it all up.

intercooler001.jpg

intercooler002.jpg

intercooler003.jpg

Fineline, will you plumb the BOVs outlet back to the inlet of the turbo? Will you remove a headlight for cool air for the I/C and or, will you install a fan? Is there enough flex in that pipe to allow for engine 'twist'? WoW this is cool; it's not even mine and I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only you Mike. If I move out of Cali Gresham is the first place im looking! In fact im looking in your neighborhood buddy........right next door.:eek:

That would be awesome!!!!

I'm not much of a turbo fan, but I love your rig if only for the fabrication you do!!! :)

Fineline, will you plumb the BOVs outlet back to the inlet of the turbo? Will you remove a headlight for cool air for the I/C and or, will you install a fan? Is there enough flex in that pipe to allow for engine 'twist'? WoW this is cool; it's not even mine and I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now i'm just planning on venting the BOV into the bay. I actually put the headlight back in and cut a section out of the bumper support for air flow. I also cut some material out of the headlight bucket to improve airflow. You can see the cutout right below the headlights in one of the front end pics. If you look at the connector on the I/C side it has a "bubble" in it. This is to allow flex for the engine flex The I/C istelf is mounted on some rubber grommets so they should give a little too. Thanks for the compliments.