My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fineline, what was your techmique for stripping the paint? Did you use a chemical stripper?

Man this is looking sweet!

Yah it was a spray on chemical stripper I got at Kragen. Worked fantastic. Spray it on and in 10 minutes or so the paint was bubbled up and I scraped it off with a putty knife.

So here are the updated pics of where im at so far. The paint is on so im going to start putting the guts back in. Im hoping to have the motor in early next week. The first pic is the paint can itself. My paint guy actually found the original red the truck came in! Seemed kind of odd to me. Maybee not. Hope you guys like it.

Engine2001.jpg

Engine2002.jpg

Engine2003.jpg

Engine2004.jpg

Little update. I got all the vitals back in. (Booster, M/C, Clutch, lines, etc.) I'll have to shoot some pics of it tomorrow. I finally hooked up with a locan guy who unfortunately wrecked his Z and had a few parts to get rid of. $150 for the clutch, T/O bearing, pilot bearing, braided clutch line, and 5 speed line. Hopefully tomorrow I can find the time to drop it in.

clutch001.jpg

clutch003.jpg

clutch004.jpg

That Pressure looks like a stock one painted. I bet youll find made in Japan on there somewhere.

MY stag 1 Centerforce is a stock Daiken(says on it) painted Gold and them cheezy weights added. a Roadster pressure plate is a clear better product than a stag 1 Centerforce. ONly the stage 3 might be better

Fineline I assume you have a 225mm flywheel?

You know I dont know why this post from you surprises me. The minute theres an idea on the board different than what you suggested your quick to bash it. Why dont you tell me what exactly a "performance" pressure plate looks like so as I can be just like you! I've run centerforce clutches on various vehicles in the past with great luck. I have no reason to doubt there quality other than what some asshole is telling me from 300 or so miles away. You know if people could look past your arrogance they might actually learn something. But I guess that would depend on when you decide to grow up and actually rember back when you were new to the scene and had a few "older" guys actually show you the ropes without be-littling everything that wasnt their own idea.

Its pointless and a waste of my time to sit here and argue about stage 1, 2, or3 because again you didnt suggest it so it crap but the dual friction is considered centerforces stage 3 and its for a 240mm flywheel.

• Like 1

Hey Fineline, I searched and found pics of your truck with my Titan's on them. Got to say they look great. Did you have to do anything to make them fit, like make bore out the wheels a bit?

I know you're in the SoBay, Fremont? I'm in Sunnyvale..we should hang out and talk Datsuns. Hit me up next time you and Clay do a junk yard run. :)

I may need to tap into your (and Clayton's since I know he'll help me out) knowledge to get my Datsun running again. Last time I tried starting it, it would turn but wouldn't turn on. I've been doing all these mods but I really should concentrate on getting it running.

Also what did you do with your older L series engine? :)

hahaha.

we got about 4000mm of rain last year.

it pretty much rained non stop from november to febuary. i think there was 2-3 days of no rain in that time.

too bad immigrations such a bitch... cant just move down there :(

rain is such a downer for me. and im not to fond of the whole BC the best place on earth B/S...