My 73 620-T

Fineline

Damn Clayton. I thought it was my personality that kept you comming back........:blink: Now I see its all about the car......chicks always do dig the

car. :fu: I had a lazy day today. Trying to recover from a trip to Vic Hubbard and ATP. Ouch!

:fu:sure in the hell aint your looks or your personality HAHAHA !!! , CHICKS...well my girlfriend does like your truck :D

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent had much time to get anything done over the past week. I finally got the ECU and relay board mounted and wired. This setup has a 10g wire for power and ground that will be going directly to the battery and I got some weatherproof plugs so I can disconnect everytrhing if I need to. In the interest of keeping it clean under the hood I decided to mount the relay box inside the cab. Im going to mount it in the glovebox. Heres a pic.

board001.jpg

come on I know you camera where are the picture updates even the small stuff keeps us coming back :D

Almost forgot. Heres the pics of the coil and O2 sensor controller installed.

coil001.jpg

coil002.jpg

• 1 month later...

So not a lot of pics with the work ive been able to do over the past few weeks. Yesterday and today I made a huge stride twords getting this thing on the road. I got the wiring figured out and run. All the sensors are connected so at this point all I have left to do is finalize the power sources. I ran a 10g power and ground wire straight from the battery to the new electronics. I branched a relay off the power to a fuse block for all the secondary electronics. (Wideband, Ignition controll, Coil etc.) All I have to do is tighten up a few loose ends and I should be ready by this weekend to fire it off! The pictures below are of my laptop actually communicating with my truck!

commo1001.jpg

commo1002.jpg

commo1003.jpg

Heres a pic of the plug wires and mounted ignition controll box

truck2003.jpg

And my new radiator

truck2005.jpg

truck2006.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Very, very nice. Cant wait to hear about the first test run. Any plans for a dyno test? Curious to see what kind of juice can be squeezed out of an old L20b. Nice work, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

please tell me you dont get any errors when it first loads Megatune, other wise you will chase your tail. Looks good so far though bro, peace.

No error codes. It just goes to the table and waits. I calibrated my tps and am going to start working on getting it fired today. Its cool to watch the needle move on my laptop when i move the throttle!

It Runs! I fired it tonight. Had a quick little problem with the VR sensor being wired backwards but after switching the wires it fired on the first crank. Man im stoked right now. Its great to see all of the parts come together and actually work. I guess I have to get going over the next few days or so and get the radiator in so I gan keep it running. Then I'll be sure to get some video up.

OOOWWW I can hardly wait for the video! I'm glad to hear you got the MS working! I want to get mine fired up, now I know who I can ask if I have any problems :D I just want to add the engine bay is so classy! I love all the detail work. I to am a fan of a clean ass engine bay, to me its more important than the out side :D Can't wait for the updates.

Edit: I had that same radiator in my rusty car for a while, it kicks ass!!

Thanks man. I have to mod the radiator in and outlets to work with the datsun hoses but it shouldent be a big deal. My only problem right now is its sunday and im fresh out of argon! Oh well. Plenty of other stuff to do. If you have the time up there and you cant work on your MS check this manual out. It really helps explain the initial set up of the box.

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/configure.htm

Mine was all out of wack when I fired it up. I think I have it figured out now so when I get the radiator in i can do a little more diagnosatig/tuning.

First off I would like to say a huge THANKS! to Tony (521LVR) for helping me get the settings right on my ECU. I would also like to thank Troy Ermish for letting me use his bending break to make the upper radiator support. I owe you both one. So today I finally got the engine to idle. Although the quality sucks it at least gives me a starting point to run the tuningsoftware. I got my radiator modded and mounted along with my fan. Heres a few pics of the radiator installed. Still no video yet but as soon as I improve the idle quality it will be forthcomming. Thanks again Tony and Troy!

radiator001.jpg

radiator002.jpg

radiator003.jpg

The upper hose clears the intercooler charge pipe by about 1/2"

radiator004.jpg