My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just wonder what if anything had to be done to get the coil overs in the front?

move the mounts on the lower control arm (1/4 plate used in place of stock metal) reinforce the upper mount. It pretty much just requires alittle bit of fab work and welding.

• Like 1

you mean the awe inducing, red, 4 piston calipers that say nissan? z32 (90-96) 300zx... ideally 30mm aluminums

If I remember correctly they are NON turbo 1990 z32 26mm calipers to fit correctly on the rotors Brandon is using

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just a random question, but if you're looking to keep it clean under the hood, have you ever thought of moving the battery to the bed?between the front wall and the wheel well? Of course you'd have to make a box, and pan for it, but you shouldn't have any problem with that. (judging by your work) Make up some cables from a welder, and some ends from any local parts store. I only ask this because I plan on doing this with my truck, and wanted to see what your opinion would be?

Great build by the way, wayyy jealous!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

All,

Thanks for all the great words. I figured I would pop in to see what was new and somehow I missed all the posts on this thread so I figured I would give you an update. I did sell the truck but replaced it with a 1966 mustang and go figure I replaced the entire driveline with a 331 roller, 5 speed, and 9" Versailles rear end among others. It's just easier to fit the wife and 3 kids into that than a 620 for weekend car shows. I am more than happy to try and answer any questions about this build. It was a great time and I learned a lot about these little trucks. In the end the guy I sold it to told me he broke 5th gear racing a wrx and that it made 220 rwhp with a very mild tune. I figure with 20% parasitic loss from the drive train I figure it made around 250 hp and could have made a lot more with the right tune. Im happy with that out of an l20b! I'm glad to see all is well here at the Datsun and feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Brj4448@sbcglobal.net

Brandon

• Like 6

Thanks guys. It's great to hear from you. Yes I am still alive and chasing a 3 teenagers to everything from sports to car shows to jobs! Crazy times. Good to see you still kicking around here schooling all these newbies Mike! Drop me a line and we'll catch up! All in all in a few years older but still doing the same stupid stuff. The only diff is its in a ford now and not a Datsun! I guess I always had the ford gene in me after all I did use the ford EDIS to time the Datsun! ;) I will get out and take some pics of the mustang soon. We've had this strange stuff falling from the sky that you northwest guys would know all about!

• Like 2

I'll see about emailing you :)

...just to be clear.....I really don't do much "schooling" around here anymore.  

I'll be machining a crank pulley for Ford EDIS here soon.  The missing tooth should point at the sensor with the pulley is at TDC...right?  I'm not sure where he's mounting the sensor yet, so I may not be assembling it.

Snow...........it's called snow. :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...