My 73 620-T

Fineline

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on upgrading the rear end as well? I will keep a look out for a decent bed in this area if you woul like.

No. I think the rear end will hold up for now. Maybe someday down the line an H-233b may find its way under there.. Thanks for looking for a bed. I am hoping to get out to the yards tomorrow.

I got out today to survey the damage to the wiring and to my surprise I found only a couple of wires that will need to be replaced. I was luck enough to get the main wire cut before it melted into the more critical wires. Here are some pics of the carnage.

accident_wire001.jpg

accident_wire002.jpg

You cant see it but my hand actually took the brunt of the damage. I knew it was going to hurt but I had no other option when I saw a glowing red wire under my dash going to my computer. I grabbed it in an attempt to pull it out of the ECU and off the grounding post. I had 2nd degree burns acrost all 4 fingers. The blisters have somewhat healed but it was either that or let my truck burn up! Ahhhhh the price we pay for our datsuns.

accident_hand.jpg

Did I also mention that my laptop was hooked up and logging when this happened!

You cant see it but my hand actually took the brunt of the damage. I knew it was going to hurt but I had no other option when I saw a glowing red wire under my dash going to my computer. I grabbed it in an attempt to pull it out of the ECU and off the grounding post. I had 2nd degree burns acrost all 4 fingers. The blisters have somewhat healed but it was either that or let my truck burn up! Ahhhhh the price we pay for our datsuns.

accident_hand.jpg

Did I also mention that my laptop was hooked up and logging when this happened!

damn, the price we pay for the love of our datsuns...I almost got the bed off for you too!

Man, I feel for you on the hand burns. That really sucks. Screwing up your hand makes everything so difficult. I have had stitches on my hand and that just sucked.

It's especially bad when you don't have a girlfriend...;).

Man, I feel for you on the hand burns. That really sucks. Screwing up your hand makes everything so difficult. I have had stitches on my hand and that just sucked.

:lol::lol::lol:

just think of what it is like when you come home with slivers in your hands:blink:

Well Brandon's on his way home with his new bed :cool: It was great meeting you Brandon enjoy the bed cant wait to see it when its on the truck..and now a couple of pics :lol:

Brandongetshisnewbed001.jpg

Brandongetshisnewbed002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the ground wire re-run and the thing fired up and ran for a few. The throttle cable is toast though. Back to the J/Y. What a relief to know the ECU is OK though.

Quick question RE to the motor, did you tap the oil supply for the turbo in the block, or did you use that junction where the oil filter is to run the oil line?

Also how about the water line? through the hoses that usually run to the manifold?

• 1 month later...
Quick question RE to the motor, did you tap the oil supply for the turbo in the block, or did you use that junction where the oil filter is to run the oil line?

Also how about the water line? through the hoses that usually run to the manifold?

I tapped the sandwich adapter for the oil supply and welded a bung into the pan for the return. The coolant comes from the lower housing that normally went to the manifold. I rounded it off and put a 1/2" compression fitting to 1/2" aluminum tubing. It returns to the thermostat housing.

Get to work JACKASS:lol: you and your truck are what give me motivation to move ahead with my projects

I was waiting on you to motivate me!

• 2 weeks later...
how is the truck coming along?

Its been slow going. I have been swanped with work so the truck is taking a back seat. I did a little datalogging today and the detonation issues are going away. Other than that nothing new to report.

So heres a few of the other things i've done to it as requested on another post.

Disk brakes on all 4 corners.

Install023.jpg

Rears_2_006.jpg

Front coilovers

Coilover001.jpg

Bye bye weight

Coilovers001.jpg