hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments, sorry for the thread being so long. i cant wait for it to be done either, there's still a ton more work left in it.

i got a little bit of time and decided to work on my firewall a bit and got the bead rolling done on it, its a lot stiffer now. let me know what you guys think about the bead rolling, keep in mind that i havent bead rolled anything in about 2 or 3 years.

CIMG4446.jpg

CIMG4445.jpg

i also made a roll pan from the 620 parts truck. I think it came out good.

CIMG4448.jpg

I got a pair of wheels for the front end finally so i can roll it in and out of the shop. I'm thinking about getting a full set that are 8" wide and 15" in diameter for the front and the back. I got some dirt modified racing tires for free that i can throw on them.

CIMG4447.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

well i finally got some wheels that will be on this thing for a while. They need a little pollishing but hell for $250 all four with tires, i would have been stupid not to get them.

CIMG4480.jpg

they are 19" mmr gt1. they are a little bigger than what i wanted but they still look good i think.

CIMG4478.jpg

CIMG4477.jpg

CIMG4491.jpg

CIMG4482.jpg

CIMG4481.jpg

the fronts are about 7" wide and the rears are about 10" wide.

CIMG4456.jpg

I also got some polyurethane for some body mounts.

CIMG4457.jpg

i dont think i put up enough pictures of the wheels ;) , but i was excited about them lol. Other than the wheels ive been working on a steering collumn mount and thats about all the time ive had to work on it.

i started to work on a front valence piece out of alluminum that once im done i'll be able to easily put on and off with dzus fasteners.

CIMG4500.jpg

CIMG4501.jpg

CIMG4502.jpg

CIMG4503.jpg

i think its coming out great so far. still gotta cut the holes on the piece above the valence, so the intercooler gets some air and the body has somewhat of a stock appearance.

• 1 month later...

well got a little progress, i got the front end on zues fasteners.

CIMG4594.jpg

CIMG4596.jpg

CIMG4595.jpg

i had to remake the upper aluminium piece and still have to cut out holes for air and the lights to be put on.

CIMG4593.jpg

i also got the right side of the foot box all tacked in.

CIMG4597.jpg

I started on my new style dash, i modeled it after a ginetta g40 dash, i think it fits the truck better.

half.jpg

and this shot just because. :D

It looks sick Hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta do what ya gotta do when you cant afford a new sheet of steel, especially when i had a sheet of this previously used stuff. a lot and that means dam near all of it is recycled parts from previous projects now that i think of it haha :P

We've all been there. I used a 510 roof for the floors in one of my dimes. :)

• 4 weeks later...