hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

i figured i should show my project and introduce myself. Im Brandon and am 16 years old. My project is a 521 with the start of an air ride suspension. I have the rear basikly done and the front, well is going to take some time. Im planning on doing a tbi system on the 1600 once im done with the air ride. Ill post some pictures up in a moment.CIMG1055.jpgCIMG1063.jpgCIMG1064.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site. Kool 521. I have a similar behind the axle setup on my 620. What kind of carb is that & why is there duct tape around the filter :blink: I like the wishbone too,keeps the gas tank in the stock location.

I bet he was pressure washing it :D I keep duct tape in my rig for that reason, gotta keep the engine bay nice and clean :cool:

That is ingenious, why move the tank if you don't have to right :D

datsunfish-I dont know what type of cap is there because thats how it came from the previous owner, my great grandpa. it works fine.

pacificcoast- the carb is an old 2 barrel rochester, it seems to work good. there was duck tape around the airfilter because I was washing it. I had to go with the wishbone setup, I liked how simple it was and you didnt have to deal with moving your gas tank around.

Thanks for all the good replys.:)

You are making me envious and guilty. Envious of your badd ride, and guilty that I'm wasting time on Ratsun.net and not thrashing on my truck. You are a lucky guy to have a place to work and looks like some tools too. Very inspiring to see guys that are into Datsuns pop up here with some fairly serious projects.

Looks like a lot of work man, but 521s are so cool it will be way worth it. That's just crazy that you great grandfather was the PO. :lol:

my grandpa bought the truck from the original owner after it was in a pretty bad wreck and fixed it up. Since then its been in the family. Im kinda doing the truck in a memorium of my great grandpa. No updates, unfortunately. Ive been too buisy with school and a broken water line today.

• 4 weeks later...
?action=view&current=CIMG1080.jpg?action=view&current=CIMG1070.jpg Finally got the rig primered and all one color. As you can see i also painted the valve cover. I made some alluminum door panels for it too and in the works of makeing the dash also. I also started to get into the bird nest of wiring...what a mess it is. Thats about all the work ive had the time for though.

?action=view&current=CIMG1138.jpgfront of the glove box CIMG1131.jpg door panel CIMG1130.jpg the start of the dash.

I ran out of unfinished alluminum so im just going to make the front face out of black. Lots of beadrolling will be done on the front and the rest of the top of the dash. Soon to come, the rest of the front suspension will be completed and some front tubbing. By then it should be around time for me to get off my lazy but and make some lower links for the rear.:lol:

heres some more wishbone pictures:CIMG1137.jpgCIMG1136.jpgCIMG1134.jpg suicidedoors.com has a whole bunch of suspension stuff, thats where i got almost all of my parts.