hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wayno I did somthing simular but it looks alot like hacked521 truck

VG521-6.jpg

I see you removed the mirror also, looks good, I am so used to seeing that truck with the wheels it has, that the new wheels you put on it look strange to me, them are wildwood calipers also, aren't they?

I also removed the hooks in the final photo, and I even went further with my project, I removed it all.

This is kind of a thread jack, sorry.

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

Got a little bit of progress on the truck.

Got these straps put on to hold onto the tailgate, so i can use it as a seat. :D

CIMG4932.jpg

Made and welded these bosses to the bed...

CIMG4933.jpg

...and the tailgate.

CIMG4935.jpg

and to the opposite side.

CIMG4936.jpg

Also made a new downpipe for it, starts out as 3" i think or was it 3.5"...cant remember, then transitions back down to the 2.5 exhaust size.

CIMG4926.jpg

the transition.

CIMG4928.jpg

Comparison of the old downpipe and the new.

CIMG4938.jpg

And got some new window cranks and door levers at the local truck stop. need to get another pair.

CIMG4922.jpg

Also made a fuel door lid out of a 620 fuel door hinge and the old access panel.

CIMG4920.jpg

Had to cut the backside so it would clear when it was flipped up. Need to finish that off so it looks nicer.

CIMG4921.jpg

• 5 months later...

Whats the status on this truck hacked521,i hope it did not turn into a basket case.

No it hasn't at all, its just been put on the back burner for now until I can get some time on my hands and get a daily driver together. I want it together just as much as anyone, especially seeing it everyday at the shop. However unfortanetly, race season is at full swing and that means bodies need made and frames need to be straightened on top of normal jobs and maintenance on our own race cars.

Heres a peak at what kind of racecar I'm talking about. It might not be Datsun or on asphalt but its still fun....because racecar.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So basically you took a rack and pinion from a Honda that was mounted behind the front wheels(controlled from the rear left), and flipped it over and put it in front of the front wheels to control it from the front right, that worked out sweet, how many cars you look at before you figured that one out?

got the rack and pinion mounted on the frame.
CIMG4293.jpg

CIMG4294.jpg

CIMG4295.jpg

CIMG4298.jpg
having it rack and pinion and rhd makes it sooooo much less complicated than having it lhd. Having this rack and pinion just took a huge weight off my shoulders.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...