hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

charlie, ill post up something along of what youre talking about sometime within this week. Thanks for the compliments.

metalmonkey47, i like where its going too. Its taking forever but its coming out how i would like it too.

socalkidz, nah i didnt stop working on it haha. I just had to give it a long stare to see what i needed to get done next. unfortanetly i cant run those tires at the moment, i will though once i get the money buy a narrowed 9". I have no idea when its going to be done, hopefully by middle of summer. the trip to maui is the entire month of april, its gonna take away a lot of time from the datto. hows your 720 doing?

pics of charge piping half way done, im gonna work on it more tomorrow and see if i can clean it up a bit. the plumbing elbow is going to get switched out for a silicone elbow. I got the plastic float for the carb too! 72 pinto float fits perfectly.

CIMG4308.jpg

CIMG4309.jpg

CIMG4310.jpg

im trying to get as much done as i possibly can before having to put the cab back on...im starting to run out of stuff :D

socalkidz, nah i didnt stop working on it haha. I just had to give it a long stare to see what i needed to get done next. unfortanetly i cant run those tires at the moment, i will though once i get the money buy a narrowed 9". I have no idea when its going to be done, hopefully by middle of summer. the trip to maui is the entire month of april, its gonna take away a lot of time from the datto. hows your 720 doing?

Eh lol I stoped working on it. Ran out of money and right before i was about to get paid i got laid off. So the last of my monies went to the truck for new calipers and wheel bearings. As for the trans. i migh just run it like that for a while.. My buddy thought that maybe the syncros (Not sure on how to spell it) are bad. So im going to put the rear of the truck in the air and see if i can get it to go through its gears. If so my hope is that maybe the first and second gear syncros are bad. And have you found a rearend for the truck?

yeah i hear you on having to read an hour to get through it. honestly the build changed so much i thought about just making a new thread but that would have been a "no no" haha.

painted and polished the aluminum part on the carb box. i think it turned out awesome.

CIMG4350.jpg

after i tried to sand out most of the casting nastyness

CIMG4351.jpg

CIMG4353.jpg

thinking of the rising sun to cover up some of the bad pits

CIMG4355.jpg

so i decided to do it.

CIMG4356.jpg

CIMG4358.jpg

CIMG4359.jpg

and one of it on the engine.

• 2 months later...

finally got some new stuff done on the 521. ive been working on a sealed throttle setup for the airbox for a while now and just about got it done. keep in mind that the aluminum pieces are hand made, not on a mill but with a hack saw and file set. oh what i would do to have a mill.

CIMG4380.jpg

CIMG4379.jpg

I got a couple other things done that ill post up later.

• 4 weeks later...