rear ended by a texter today

Guest Rick-rat

Guest Rick-rat

After my wife and I left the Kitsap BBQ, we went to see our grand kids, after we left we were almost hit by a guy not paying attention. I was keeping an eye on him and saw him in my mirror texting someone and laughing and having a good time. We were stopped behind some other cars at a light and he was about 15 feet back still texting and he saw the traffic in the left lane moving, so without even looking he hit the gas and did not even let off until he hit us. when I pulled over to get his info he hauled ass, but 2 other people caught up to him, got his license number and came back to check on my wife and me. Nice to see strangers step up to help

The big old heavy duty bumper was the only damage to the truck, a little sand paper and black paint, all fixed, The bad thing about those bumpers is that my wife and I got all the impact, We were checked out and no severe injuries, just will be sore for a couple of days.

Paco , our little dog, was with us but sustained no injuries,

I hate cell phones

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some people are real jerk faces , they need to pull there heads out of there asses . I am glad to hear you 620 is okay but more importantly yall are not injured . I will come to were you live and put my foot in his rear if you need lol . Well keep us updated on what happens to that punk

Cell phones are just objects. Hate the tards that misuse and abuse them.

Cudos on your restraint too if I got rear ended by someone I KNOW to be texting there would be problems.

Guest Rick-rat

Yes it is a felony here, funniest thing I have heard in a long time was from the cop that was there "Did your air bags deploy?" got a good laugh out of that. The guy did hit me hard enough that his did deploy though.

I'm so tired of these self-centered people!Most of the

time they're talking about......Nothing! I'm glad they got caught.

Texting,& talking on cell phones while driving are a waste of time.

I'm glad to hear that you're allright.I like to see the "good-

guys" win!Here it's a $131 fine,but I still see a lot of it going on.

- Doug

i will admit, i have texted while driving. but usually, especially after the laws went into effect, i PULL OVER to do whatever i have to. as for talking on it, i have a speaker phone or my headset.

but all in all, that sucks. at least you and your wife weren't hurt. and the truck is still in one piece.

Edited by moparvwfreak

I think this problem is just going to get worse; I believe after the first of the year it will be illegal to use a cell phone without a hands free device here in Oregon. Given human nature, there will be a fairly large percentage that will choose to ignore that law, much like they eschew the rather strong suggestion that they procure drivers licenses and insurance. Some won't be able to afford the device, some might not have compatible phones, whatever.

From a safety standpoint, it seems better to have someone holding a phone to their head and looking outside than to have them holding it below the steering wheel and trying to sneak in a crafty text while mostly oblivious to their surroundings.

:cursing: idiots.

its ridiculous that in the 21st century, everything has to be responded to in seconds...

that stiff neck may take up to a week to cause a lifetime of problems.

Glad you're alright. Eventually after enough people die from self centered teens we'll get some legislation to stop kids my age from texting and putting other people in danger.

633518353103604795-text-messaging---lol-no-im-nt-busy-im-only-drving---demotivator.jpg

if i communicated w/my ex id send her this! :fu:

a txt i got from her..."i can hide that im txting while driving"

yup! thats a keeper for the next time in court :rollseyes:

this is a video about texting while driving its graphic but it gets the point across it was sent to me recently by an x co worker of mine who lost his leg in an accident a year an a half ago that was caused by some asshole texting

that was fucking awesome:thumbsup:

reminded me of deathproof

(could of done without the dead baby)

I'm sending that to friend that text w/steering w?knees w/hitting the doja

Edited by nismo dr

im 22 and have alot of people text me but i have never EVER texted while driving my phone is put in the ashtray and thats where it stays till i stop i will answer the phone but only when i have my bluetooth on i see people on the phone while driving and it drives me nuts not only is it illegal its down right deadly

I almost throttled my nephew once when he was driving and I looked over and he was texting and steering with his f*cking knee! Oh he got an earful. What a dumbass!

Uncle, is that you???? :lol:

I use my phone all the time when driving, but i pay attention the the road while talking. i miss a lot of what is said because im paying attentino to the road.