What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

33 minutes ago, yenpit said:

Yes, all 68-80 4cyl L series valve cover gaskets are the same.  All 68-80 valve covers interchange, so if you have a "NISSAN OHC" valce cover on it now, you can find an earlier "DATSUN" valve cover & simply swap them!

TJ

This is great info, thanks!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, edekalil said:

Yea I saw a video where someone breaks a back windshield so I'd have to have someone who has some knowledge on it

Yeah, looks like the outside guy pushed too much. All you really need is someone to hold it in place, and not really push, the cord does the trick

Bummer it was a '73 defrost glass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Good job. It had to have a hairline crack to do that. they don't break that easy, and I have done many installs.

When I get ready I'm gonna call ya. How does temperd glass have a crack.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
On 12/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, yenpit said:

We sub out most of our glass installs, cuz they can be a real pain in the rear AND risk of breakage!  I only recently learned that the Coupe stainless trim is completely different than the Sedan..........looks great! 😎

Not just coupes.  Bluebird sedans and wagons also have the wider trim that sits on top of the rubber rather than inside it like the US stainless trim does.

My '71 1400DX below:

large.07292020_slowpoke_(2).JPG.920dc968

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled out the 70 2 door over at the house and ran her around the block. 

Got the 72 2 door and Goon out and did some tinkering with the Goon she seemed to run much better. I'll look at the timing on a light tomorrow before it rains and gets cold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:29 AM, Draker said:

Impressions on the gaskets? Pretty cool idea really. I worry about how they will hold up in the california sun. Are they UV safe?

I made some straps for masks that sit on your neck instead around the ears from this same material. Almost a year old and no sign of deuteriation yet. They are not in direct sunlight and usually sit on the passenger seat of my car outside. I’m surprised it’s held up as well as it has for this long. Not sure how long they will last in direct sunlight though. I think I’ll set a pair out in the backyard for a while and see how they hold up.

Edited by LS_Wagon
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...