What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Got the rotisserie parts greased up to use it.

IMG_20190923_144427.jpg

Also got the adapters mounted on the front of the blue 510 for the rotisserie.

IMG_20190924_142326.jpg

Also cleaned up a couple more fuse boxes and hope to make a good one to go in the 70 510 to make hers better.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried to get a better rear bumper on the 70 510 and found out that the car only needed some new pipe and rear muffler the other parts where good. I told him I didn't want any work on any leak on the exhaust manifold cause someone before put one on that had the tubes comming out (emmision's crap). I have another I'll get in shape to replace it or just fix it like I've done before, take out the tubes and tap the hole from the outside and run it down tight with some jb weld, it worked before.

Got this old rotted one of off.

IMG-20190925-130142.jpg

IMG-20190925-130137.jpg

This crap was a pain cause of the condition.

IMG-20190925-130145.jpg

This one and another would not just go on so I had to hold off for now ran out of time.IMG-20190925-132552.jpg

Here she sits with some primer put on the rusted aeras.

IMG-20190925-141557.jpg

I still have to figure this one's headlights out.

Edited by edekalil
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled out the 70 510, and yes got a bumper fitted as well as fixed the rear muffler and pipe. Not the best but it works I'm keeping the better bumper for the blue car I'm about to mount on the rotisserie and do up and get it back together and driving.

IMG-20191016-105140.jpg

IMG-20191016-105119.jpg

IMG-20191016-105107.jpg

Edited by edekalil

The blue 72 is now mounted on the rotisserie I just have to get everything out and off the car do it can be balanced and raised up and see if it works. I still have the windshield and rear window in the car, I guess that won't hurt anything.

IMG-20191024-165436.jpg

IMG-20191024-165442.jpg

IMG-20191024-165458.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Duncan said:

I used a propane bottle and a scraper.  Worked great, but you have to make sure the top of the floor has nothing on it.  It's easy to melt a wiring harness, etc, etc.

Not that I'd know first hand about that or anything........

Yea I broke out the propan torch I use to do plumbing work on copper pipes. It worked fine for the tuff areas. And yes you have to be careful of what’s around it and on the other side. The only thing is the awfull smell that lingered. 

Well I did it again, why do I look on Ebay? I read about these on I think this site. I been looking at things I can get to do up the 72 510 all apart so I got these. Hated to spend the money but I’ll probably only do up this car the other 2 doors are gonna be stock.

F46-C0-FC5-F275-44-DC-BD56-B2105-E2-D13-

I heard they where of good quality even being reproduce ones. Now if I could only get those fine taillights that go all across the rear. I wish the fella who made the reproduction of the cool front grill would change his mind and make them one day.

• 1 month later...

Had to do something to keep the antenna from breaking off in time on the 72,so JB Weld.

IMG-20191230-112451.jpg

I did put wax on the antenna so when I take it off the antenna should not be stuck to it, it's just for now to keep the antenna from breaking.

And did some more cleaning of the underneath the 72 on the rotisserie.