What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my little projects on my car. I was cleaning out an old container that had some misc. old parts and had water at the bottom, as I was chucking out the container, I noticed this old Gas Cap plate sitting at the rusty bottom. So I pulled it out and had the idea to make it my Kill Switch mount. 

Car has a fuel cell with no hose filler, so this spot was open. 

Sorry, pics went out of order when I hit the submit button. 

IMG_20210307_173914_716.jpg

IMG_20210307_173914_719.jpg

IMG_20210307_173914_714.jpg

IMG_20210307_173914_709.jpg

IMG_20210307_173914_697.jpg

IMG_20210307_173914_722.jpg

20210214_150630.jpg

Edited by Jesse C.
  • Like 5

Cool, I cranked and drove the Two Sedans and Goon around town Sunday and Monday. The Goon is running a little strange but I believe it's the carb. It probably needs a good run down the interstate and open her up.

Edited by edekalil
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 2:31 AM, LS_Wagon said:

Test fitted a lens I made for my Wagon. Crossing fingers I get the equipment dialed in to improve the final result.

EF138635-454C-49D9-83AF-B82383371D3C.jpeg

Interesting! What kind of equipment did you use for this?

Got my front carb re-installed and synch'd after replacing the front throttle shaft seal on #1 butterfly.  Seems to have fixed the air leak that was causing my high idle when engine warm problem. Now she idles at ~850 rpm like she's supposed to. Next up is to clean, oil and re-install the air filter, but just had to snap a pic of those velocity stacks since I don't get to see them very often!

1dPs1Ox.jpg 

• Like 3

Sold one of mine today. The one I had listed in the classifieds. 71 4 door. Always hard to see them go, but better than sitting around and going to waste. This one is headed to Arizona. 

• 2 weeks later...

Put some Sea Foam in her and drove the shit out of her to go see a goon in the country. Trying to get her carb jets cleared out now she's running great except for the stumbling on take off.

http://IMG_20210531_111221.jpg

http://IMG-20210531-103319.jpg

Also this jem on the way back and she is in great shape, I'm going back and try to catch them about it future.

http://IMG-20210531-111827.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Crazy but a break through. I wanted to do this anyway, put the elec dizzy ( matchbox) into the Goon from the sedan and the points in the sedan. As well swapped the plugs caused the gap. And Wala no popping or sputtering and off she ran really great. And the points did great in the Sedan. I am now very happy for a while at least. Next I need to come up with a set of parts to get the windshield wipers going that I took off that where in poor shape, y'all keep an eye out.

Edited by edekalil
On 6/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, rosso said:

Small things can make a difference - you need to be able to see where you are going. 🙃

New windshield and rebuilt wiper linkage.

This is one of the things I have to do to the Goon, I may need locate some parts to do it.

Pulled the 72 Sedan's speedo cable and it is broke, found another in the garage and it was broke. Found another that worked but it's way longer than the others? It has this bump thing in it. I know I bought several replacement cables from NAPA way way back. I guess now to do some searching.