• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone stole my goon.

CAM00026.jpg

Not realy. I got lucky and two of McComb's finest helped me push out the Cuda and push the goon from around the corner from behind my building to in front into the garage. So now I can get the motor and trans off the floor and into the goon. Then I just have to figure who will help me push it all back so I can finish it later.

CAM00027.jpg

CAM00028.jpg

CAM00030.jpg

Man I shouda cleaned this thing out under the hood.

That's what I thought at first, but no oil, dirty plug with lots of gas, I fired her up and ran fine, then I shut her off for couple hours and was going to go drive around for a bit, when I fired her up she immediately started idling weird then I pulled the throttle and it clearly was running on 3 cylinders, I tried to clear it out by revving her but it clearly wasn't going to, it even started making backfire sounds, so I started taking the plugs out and #2 was drenched in gas, all the others looked good, I put a new set I had and fired right up and ran excellent, I re checked all the plugs after I drove to AutoZone for another set of plugs (I like to keep an extra just incase) and when I got back I checked that #2 and looked ok, I'm going to keep an eye on it though.....

IMAG0429.jpg

Here's a pic of all when I pulled them for replacement....

IMAG0428.jpg

Yes, unfortunately I have had issues with my eyesight after a surgery and it affects my ability to work on certain things. I decided it would be best to sell this one and keep the other two Datsuns that both run and drive. I can still see fine for driving, life, etc.

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately I have had issues with my eyesight after a surgery and it affects my ability to work on certain things. I decided it would be best to sell this one and keep the other two Datsuns that both run and drive. I can still see fine for driving, life, etc.

That's really good to hear! Sucks to see one leave the stable, but hopefully it went to another good home.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished a lighting upgrade on the 510, and it worked out better than I could have imagined. I used universal halogen projector pod headlights made by Hella, and a custom harness made by Ray at rallylights.com. These pods and their wiring are water tight.

HellaLamp.jpg

harness.jpg

You can see on the outside of the light housing there are mounting bolt receivers. As luck would have it, these bolt holes line up perfectly with the inner flange of the stock headlight dish. This made for an easy install, and all the adjustments are still done with the stock bracket. Another added benefit is there plenty of airflow passing around these lights, so it allows cool are for intake. My air filter sits right behind the headlight. On the harness you can see Ray incorporated a stock headlight plug for using the stock output as the relay trip. Again super easy instal.

headlight.jpg

grill_1.jpg

lightsGrill.jpg

I was going to paint the inside of the headlight dish silver to mimic the sealed beams, but it look janky. I think the black on black with the stainless ring looks much better. Although I haven't take the car out to adjust them yet, the cutoff line is ridiculously crisp, and bright. WAY better than the weak ass stock sealed beams.

cutoff.jpg

• Like 3