Mesh-71

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy. Drive to the country. ^_^

I hear ya but I do not have any property in the country to pull it off, and god help me if I was caught doing that on someone else's land. Any way things are getting better the 72/510 is running killer at this time.

5ECC3AA7-6826-472B-994D-5D58903D8263.jpg

So the saga go's on.

The 70/510 in the back is doing way better but something is not up to snuff. It does not have the power it should have. I will check it out this weekend. As soon as I can run this tank of gas through her the next will be all fresh new ethanol free gas and some sea fome and soon she will be running as good or better than the 72.

I know one thing I need to take some time to look through all of the parts I bought way back to do up the blue 72/510 I took apart way to long ago. I was looking for my compression tester and found poly bushings for the front and rear sway bars. And the ones that go on the rod that attaches from the strut to the front under the car. A set of bump steer spacers from Kelvin Dietz way back.

IMG_20141111_124500.jpg

OMG! After checking the compression the front cylinder has 0 compression. I guess that is why the car has less power and that strange exhaust leak sound. I guess a valve is not seating or is stoping just before seating. Another thing to sort out.

This is what. I found.

76281266-7FF1-446C-A7DB-EDEE2C9E2EF3.jpg

Popped it back in place and compression.

DE553C9B-54C4-47C4-AFEB-BD034EF5EAB3.jpg

It ran way way better, will have to adjust and keep an eye on it. Thanks everyone!

Got it registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Went for my first ride! YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Made this:

20330478185_619756faa0_c.jpg

For this!

20304203846_5e6267a189_c.jpg

Put a coat of paint on the steel, and am going to use small brass freeze out plugs in place of the plastic chrome caps that cover the lic. plate hardware. Those are going to be fun to polish!

Will post pics when done/installed.

Doing some quick light work before the monthly meet at Sac Datsun owners club.. Put on my (not period correct) hubcaps on, only cause I like them better.

IMG_20150805_183322531_HDR_zpsp9xwzmhu.j

IMG_20150805_183245533_zpsbile71yc.jpg

Started removing my old license plates.. which I cant use! (Damn you DMV and your 72' and older laws)

IMG_20150805_183227087_zpslvw7skjn.jpg

Installed a cheap 12 dollar plastic mirror while I wait for my fender mirrors. It does it's job for now.

IMG_20150805_183329947_HDR_zpsswtsw2mo.j

• Like 1

Where did you get the ratsun grill badge.

I got it from a fella I believe is on this forum. I cannot remember his name at the moment. He sells wheel spacers and wheel studs. I might be mixed up but I think he also has the panels made in Australia. I will look for the info when I get home this weekend, very nice fella. He has some different color badges on his site. I want to say his name is Dave but I am not sure.

Dreamt of taking the 70&72 down the interstate at about 70 mph for a longer ride now that I have figured a couple of issues out and they are hitting on all 4 cylinders. Only thing is they both need tires before I go running at that speed for any time.

Got it registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went for my first ride! YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Made this:

20330478185_619756faa0_c.jpg

For this!

20304203846_5e6267a189_c.jpg

Put a coat of paint on the steel, and am going to use small brass freeze out plugs in place of the plastic chrome caps that cover the lic. plate hardware. Those are going to be fun to polish!

Will post pics when done/installed.

Good man!

Doing some quick light work before the monthly meet at Sac Datsun owners club.. Put on my (not period correct) hubcaps on, only cause I like them better.

IMG_20150805_183322531_HDR_zpsp9xwzmhu.j

IMG_20150805_183245533_zpsbile71yc.jpg

Started removing my old license plates.. which I cant use! (Damn you DMV and your 72' and older laws)

IMG_20150805_183227087_zpslvw7skjn.jpg

Installed a cheap 12 dollar plastic mirror while I wait for my fender mirrors. It does it's job for now.

IMG_20150805_183329947_HDR_zpsswtsw2mo.j

I like those hubcaps I think they are from an older car. I will probably go with stock rims and hubcaps on my my goon like in this oics of when I lowered it the wrong way, way back.

ebyiphone007.jpg

• Like 1

raised my car the wrong way last night!

Hammered 3"x 3" square pieces of 3/4" plywood in my rear springs to raises them up.

These things are either cut or D50's.

The normal spring risers you can buy at auto parts stores either didn't fit or completely collapsed/crushed!

Plywood for the win!

• Like 1

I like those hubcaps I think they are from an older car. I will probably go with stock rims and hubcaps on my my goon like in this oics of when I lowered it the wrong way, way back.

Yeah these flat style hubcaps are from 68 and 69' 510s. Im not sure if early 70's 510's with 69 parts also had them or not. But I dont like the pointy style of the 70's and earlier hubcaps. When I get more money, ill be lowering my car on the stock rims  :thumbup:

• Like 1